imagine you have....

Old 08-25-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

imagine you have....

2 minutes to tell your 8 year old son or daughter how amazing they are and what you wish for them to find in a loving relationship. this is your one chance to gift them with your hopes and dreams for their happiness, and all the richness in life that they deserve.

then ask yourself - why is that not how i live my own life today?
Old 08-25-2019, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think many people lack a strong enough sense of self-worth. Of course our kids deserve the world, but subconsciously, we don't believe we deserve the same.
Old 08-25-2019, 04:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

and i ask..........why NOT!??? and if not, isn't time to change? the world needs all of us at our best. it's time to self-empower. we are no one's target or victim. we deserve EVERY good thing. we ARE that precious 8 year old............
Old 08-26-2019, 02:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, we totally deserve love. We deserve to love ourselves first with such conviction and righteousness. We are love.

It's sad how children grow, live and their self love dissolves because they put more focus on how others see them and forget how they used to see themselves.

I tell my kids that they are love. They were a spark of love that became a baby and then a wee child and that spark is now the brightest ember. Brighter than any sun and it will burn forever. You tell your eight year old child that nobody can put out that flame. Even when life gets hard and people try to hurt them or they feel little or lost. That flame still burns and they can call on it to shine through any darkness, burn those who would cause pain and be a beacon to anybody lost in the shadows.

​​How can you not love yourself when the light of the universe is sparkles inside for eternity?
Old 08-26-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's a very confronting question, Anvil, but i understand what you are saying.
My parents in their 70s said something powerful to me a few weeks ago and I have felt unsettled ever since. It has prompted me to stand up for myself and review my boundaries.
Old 08-26-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are talking about breaking the cycle of generational alcoholism.
Everyone, including me, is/was in denial about what they are teaching/
modeling for their children about love, relationships and what is
healthy. I will say that the sorrow goes on and on, watching your
children navigate this disease and how it is now affecting grandchildren.
I can't spend too much time wondering how things may have turned out
differently if I had been more aware and made better decisions.
It is so hard to witness all the lives marred by alcoholism.
Old 08-26-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

YES!!!! It's so easy to fight for our children why not ourselves? for me I was replaying "the tapes" from my childhood and taking them in as fact. But there is a point when even then I said "if its all fact" and someone said those things about my kids does that mean they aren't worthy of being treated kindly with love and compassion- NOPE. Every human regardless of past behavior real or imagined deserves to be treated with, kindness, compassion, and love. Curiously wondering what others reasons are.