Another question if u please

Old 08-25-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed...the one sister who has, more or less sworn off of alcohol (not because of alcoholism)….has had a counselor or therapist for many years. She has been diagnosed, she told me, as being dysthymic. Yeah, she fits that criteria, I think.
At times, she can, under certain circumstances, be somewhat pleasant.....but, so much of the time, she is a real "negative Nellie"....(think SNL skits...lol)…..
I know what you mean, Dazed....she never lets any bad news escape her.....

LOL....she is the kind of person, when told...."There is bad news and good news...which do you want , first?"
She would say---"Just give me all of the bad news....and skip the good news , altogether".....lol....
Old 08-25-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed...the one sister who has, more or less sworn off of alcohol (not because of alcoholism)….has had a counselor or therapist for many years. She has been diagnosed, she told me, as being dysthymic. Yeah, she fits that criteria, I think.
At times, she can, under certain circumstances, be somewhat pleasant.....but, so much of the time, she is a real "negative Nellie"....(think SNL skits...lol)…..
I know what you mean, Dazed....she never lets any bad news escape her.....
tough to be consistently around...
Old 08-25-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed.....yes, I agree--difficult to be around, consistently. This feature of my sisters' personalities has become more apparent, as they grew into adulthood...and older.
As adults (not in childhood)...they have tried to give me a hard time...sometimes, demanding or controlling ...or, trying to "scapegoat" me....
At first, I reacted and it hurt my feelings...But, as my Tail Feathers came in....and I toughened up my own boundaries...I have learned to keep those boundaries and let their attitudes roll off my back. I have learned how much "distance" is safe for me.
thankfully, my sweet husband was a good reality check, for me....He would say---"Dandylion, remember that the "Simpson Sisters are "Krazy".
He was referring to the two sisters, in the cartoon series "The Simpsons"....(who had blue hair, and were actually Marge's sisters---who put Homer down all of the time. LOL...LOL...
Old 08-25-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed.....yes, I agree--difficult to be around, consistently. This feature of my sisters' personalities has become more apparent, as they grew into adulthood...and older.
As adults (not in childhood)...they have tried to give me a hard time...sometimes, demanding or controlling ...or, trying to "scapegoat" me....
At first, I reacted and it hurt my feelings...But, as my Tail Feathers came in....and I toughened up my own boundaries...I have learned to keep those boundaries and let their attitudes roll off my back. I have learned how much "distance" is safe for me.
thankfully, my sweet husband was a good reality check, for me....He would say---"Dandylion, remember that the "Simpson Sisters are "Krazy".
He was referring to the two sisters, in the cartoon series "The Simpsons"....(who had blue hair, and were actually Marge's sisters---who put Homer down all of the time. LOL...LOL...
lol! Those sisters are crazy, good on you for the boundaries!
Old 08-25-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

what’s maintainence of a spiritual condition if you don’t mind me asking?
instead of prayin, staying in touch with God,and letting Him be the boss,i start playing God.
Old 08-25-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

Beachn good to hear from you. I hope you and the kids are doing well.

Kids and I are doing better every day, thanks for asking.

You ask great questions. Thanks for sharing here.