We are such stuff that dreams are made of

Old 08-18-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

It's going to be like this as long as you are living together, DC. Anything you can do to hasten the physical separation?
Old 08-18-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
It's going to be like this as long as you are living together, DC. Anything you can do to hasten the physical separation?
papers say sept 9. I can’t believe he still thinks I’m not serious about this!
Old 08-18-2019, 07:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Believe it. He shows you his truth everyday. Once you accept that this is how he sees things, you will stop being blind-sided.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Believe it. He shows you his truth everyday. Once you accept that this is how he sees things, you will stop being blind-sided.
then it’s going to be ugly getting him out methinks...
Old 08-18-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Actually it’s already ugly. It’s hard to see when you are in the middle of it but what you describe dealing with everyday is miserable-making.

Have a plan for when it is time for him to go. Have real life support in place.
Old 08-18-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Actually it’s already ugly. It’s hard to see when you are in the middle of it but what you describe dealing with everyday is miserable-making.

Have a plan for when it is time for him to go. Have real life support in place.
my kids....
Old 08-18-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Instead of being horrified at what he did and could do, it’s still me throwing him away like trash. I gave him 20 years...I gotta get out of here again.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:35 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Again (and I think this bears repeating), you have been living in this dysfunction so long, sometimes it's hard to see how dysfunctional.

In a "normal" relationship, when a man is trying to have his wife/SO reconcile, he doesn't dance with her, when it may or may not be unwanted and start talking about how the relationship should continue and how the wife is throwing him away like trash.

This is serious stuff. Dancing in the kitchen is fun! this is not fun, this is not romantic, this is dysfunctional thinking.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Again (and I think this bears repeating), you have been living in this dysfunction so long, sometimes it's hard to see how dysfunctional.

In a "normal" relationship, when a man is trying to have his wife/SO reconcile, he doesn't dance with her, when it may or may not be unwanted and start talking about how the relationship should continue and how the wife is throwing him away like trash.

This is serious stuff. Dancing in the kitchen is fun! this is not fun, this is not romantic, this is dysfunctional thinking.
and so it goes. I’m away and refocusing on myself, but now I’m feeling guilt. I’m feeling I’m a bad person, I’m feeling all the stupid mean things I’ve ever done. This all came up after this morning. I have to, yet again, get myself back to my happy place, peaceful place where I was. I can’t blame him for these feelings, he was just a trigger I suppose to me dealing with this stuff. Here I thought I was doing ok.. many thanks to all for your kind and thoughtful responses. I am entirely grateful.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

So how big of teeth does this deadline have?
Is it official eviction notice where law enforcement can back you up?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
So how big of teeth does this deadline have?
Is it official eviction notice where law enforcement can back you up?
yes, it is. It’s in the divorce papers. If he doesn’t abide I can enforce it with the law, which I think I might have to do. Ugh. Why would he want to stay with such a crappy wife as me anyway? Someone who treats him like trash? I’m befuddled again...
Old 08-18-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

So what are you saying, you weren't perfect!?!? You lived with an alcoholic for 20 years and you were mean sometimes.

Geez Dazed!

Yes, I hope you do turn this thinking around.

None of us is perfect. All of us hurt people sometimes, by mistake, in the course of an argument, when we are on our last straw of patience for the day. That's life. Then we apologize and move along.

Does the guy who stormed out blaming you for the end of the marriage look like he is all wrapped up in remorse? Feeling bad? No, you didn't react as he wanted you to so he stormed out.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

What I see is a desperate addict seeing his comfy situation slipping away applying good cop bad cop tactics to upset your equilibrium so he can get past your boundary and stay.

Simple as that really.

Show him chinks in the armor and he’ll just double-down on the pressure.
I think telling him you want him out early may be in order at this point.

Check costs of residential hotels and offer to pay two weeks but remember he has to use his own credit card in case he lapses.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

So what are you saying, you weren't perfect!?!? You lived with an alcoholic for 20 years and you were mean sometimes.

Geez Dazed!

Yes, I hope you do turn this thinking around.

None of us is perfect. All of us hurt people sometimes, by mistake, in the course of an argument, when we are on our last straw of patience for the day. That's life. Then we apologize and move along.

Does the guy who stormed out blaming you for the end of the marriage look like he is all wrapped up in remorse? Feeling bad? No, you didn't react as he wanted you to so he stormed out.
you’re right. I’m am far from perfect. Just a human woman... He was mad. Really mad. I’m going for my six mile ride then attempt to go back home and paint and take a nap. Thank you again.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It occurs to me that maybe what happened here was he felt guilt when I explained why I couldn’t stay. How he had put everything at risk ...so what better way to get rid of that guilt than by accusing me of throwing him out like trash. Giving me HIS guilt. I may be entirely wrong but that’s how I see it.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:43 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I don't suppose he has done anything to secure living quarters, has he? He has been busy trying to convince you to give him another chance..so sure it would work that he hasn't seen the need to make other living arrangements.

That is why he is angry. He sees his little plan isn't working and you aren't backing down. Now things are beginning to look real. He doesn't like that. Chances are pretty good that he's going to put up a fight. Get ready.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It's hard to know where he is at. He was a drinker for many, many years. How that has affected him no one really knows.

What his personality defects are or his go-to defenses are, no one really knows.

All you can do is stay on your sane side of the street. These types of things need to be dismissed and focusing on yourself is part of that.

"Ok this is what I want and this is how I'm going to get it"

"What, she didn't go along with that"

WELL ***** you!

These are not the actions of a person that is capable of being in a relationship.

Have you asked him to leave lately?
Old 08-18-2019, 11:52 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

yeah, say that NO word to an addict and watch 'em blow!

remember D&C, he says something different every 3 hours or so. a couple days ago you said he was packing in earnest, happy as a lark. same guy who said it was good that the papers had been changed and are ready to sign. same guy who tossed out some AA speak. same guy who just got all pouty.

we are allowed to end a relationship or a marriage at any time we want. for whatever reasons make sense to US. however the person we are splitting from is allowed to react and respond as best makes sense to them. they don't have to play fair. they don't have to concede gracefully. it's be nice, but not always how it works.
Old 08-18-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

It's hard to know where he is at. He was a drinker for many, many years. How that has affected him no one really knows.

What his personality defects are or his go-to defenses are, no one really knows.

All you can do is stay on your sane side of the street. These types of things need to be dismissed and focusing on yourself is part of that.

"Ok this is what I want and this is how I'm going to get it"

"What, she didn't go along with that"

WELL ***** you!

These are not the actions of a person that is capable of being in a relationship.

Have you asked him to leave lately?
both of you are correct. I do not believe he has secured housing arrangements. He knows sept 9 is coming. He sees I’m not backing down. I’m back home now and he is still gone. Could be looking for a place? Who knows. All I know is he better have a plan because I WILL use enforcement if I have to. This has been his MO if I don’t or didn’t go along there was a tantrum. My therapist calls it emotional terrorism. All this AA meeting and rehab stuff ...I don’t know why he bothers. Right now he is still off work. He is coming and going as he pleases. Not doing a thing. But, Friday the dr. Will give him his work release and reality returns. Hopefully he will be moving out by then. We shall see...
Old 08-18-2019, 11:59 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Or he could be drinking, there’s always that thought