We are such stuff that dreams are made of

Old 08-15-2019, 06:33 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

What hurts is he just doesn’t care. He came in during my wallowing yesterday and said “ I know so many emotions it’s sad. And then tried to hug me. Ugh. Then on his merry way. Im hurting still and he’s happy as a clam. Maybe it WAS my fault.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So it was your fault when you were in the throes of his addiction, in and out of hospitals, police, he was a holy terror. There is no possible way that was your fault my friend. You know this.

Huge hugs.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
So it was your fault when you were in the throes of his addiction, in and out of hospitals, police, he was a holy terror. There is no possible way that was your fault my friend. You know this.

Huge hugs.
holy terror is right. But now, that I’m done he seems centered. Maybe it WAS our marriage and me that triggered his drinking is what I’m saying. I’m glad for him that he is taking his recovery seriously, he never did before... me out of the picture made the difference. I’m the one kicking him out and I feel rejected. How sick is that??
Old 08-15-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's not sick friend. It's what you have wanted for a long time, yet now too little too late. Just keep in mind, this is very SHORT term, and recovery is a long path to follow.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's not sick friend. It's what you have wanted for a long time, yet now too little too late. Just keep in mind, this is very SHORT term, and recovery is a long path to follow.
you’re very kind to respond. I have my own path of recovery to follow, so I’m up and at em. Thank you.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

That's the way! It's extra hard for you since you are still right there with him. It would be hard to take the focus off a situation that is in your own home all the time. However, you have been doing just that. You should expect yourself to grieve your marriage, but it does pass, I promise.

Go do kind things for yourself today friend!
Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

That's the way! It's extra hard for you since you are still right there with him. It would be hard to take the focus off a situation that is in your own home all the time. However, you have been doing just that. You should expect yourself to grieve your marriage, but it does pass, I promise.

Go do kind things for yourself today friend!
I would just like to see him grieve too....thank you again. ❤️
Old 08-15-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
He has admitted ...
He is understanding ....
He used to.....
He is trying to ......
he is trying to .....
his entire life is .....
he is keeping ......
he returns ......
he should be .....
Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
he just doesn’t...
He came in....
he’s happy....

What are you focusing on?

Old 08-15-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
What are you focusing on?

lol! Thank you!!!
Old 08-15-2019, 08:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed.....I will ask you to forgive my curiosity....as I follow your thread...I am wondering this: He has indicated that he doesn't want the divorce, and he is avoiding it in several ways...and, he doesn't want to leave....
What do you want his grieving to look like? What would his grieving "say" to you, that he hasn't already communicated?
(yes, I know, you wanted him to quit drinking and change a whole bundh of things about himself.....I'm not talking about that)…..
Old 08-15-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed.....I will ask you to forgive my curiosity....as I follow your thread...I am wondering this: He has indicated that he doesn't want the divorce, and he is avoiding it in several ways...and, he doesn't want to leave....
What do you want his grieving to look like? What would his grieving "say" to you, that he hasn't already communicated?
(yes, I know, you wanted him to quit drinking and change a whole bundh of things about himself.....I'm not talking about that)…..
his grieving wouldn’t be happy that’s for sure. I want to hear him say no matter what it takes I’m going to restore us. I want to hear him have REMORSE for what he put me thru...humility....but hey stuff that dreams are made of. New angry song for today... cheating being alcohol. Jerk that he is. He. Broke. My. Heart.

https://youtu.be/WaSy8yy-mr8
Old 08-15-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed.....Gotcha. Your marriage has come as far as it can....and, you are, naturally grieving it's loss....All of the grotesquely painful swirl of emotions that grieving entails.
.He is not who you wanted him to be, and, he is not behaving the way you want/need him to. I suspect that he wouldn't be all Alan Alda, even if he never drank....
Accepting the reality of all of this is probably one of the hardest things you have ever faced....and, grief will have it's own way. The shortest way to get around it is to go through it....which you will do...one way or another.
Grieving is the first step (gruesome) of healing...…

***If you were to unscrew the top of his head and look in....you would probably be apalled at what you would find, in there....his suffering isn't over, no matter what you think....
You might not actually be a mind reader...lol.....
Old 08-15-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Dazed.....Gotcha. Your marriage has come as far as it can....and, you are, naturally grieving it's loss....All of the grotesquely painful swirl of emotions that grieving entails.
.He is not who you wanted him to be, and, he is not behaving the way you want/need him to. I suspect that he wouldn't be all Alan Alda, even if he never drank....
Accepting the reality of all of this is probably one of the hardest things you have ever faced....and, grief will have it's own way. The shortest way to get around it is to go through it....which you will do...one way or another.
Grieving is the first step (gruesome) of healing...…

***If you were to unscrew the top of his head and look in....you would probably be apalled at what you would find, in there....his suffering isn't over, no matter what you think....
You might not actually be a mind reader...lol.....
lol. Alan Alda is an nice guy, I’m thinking more Rhett Butler..to my Scarlett. Lol! Well, I don’t want him to suffer( well maybe a little) I just can’t fathom how’s it just oh well 20 years, no matter. I am thankful for you heart and words for me. They truly do help. ❤️
Old 08-15-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I want to hear him have REMORSE for what he put me thru

whoa now. unless you were in restraints with a gun to your head, he didn't PUT YOU through anything. that sounds very victim-y. you were a willing participant, were you not? yes his drinking did get way out of hand, with lots of drama and stress, but he didn't to that TO you or even AT you.

you told him you wanted a divorce. you are the one that filed the paperwork. you are the one that made changes to the paperwork and returned it to the attorney.

but now you don't like how he is behaving about it. you want to micro-manage how he responds so that you feel better. it doesn't work that way. if playing the divorce card was really an attempt to manipulate him to change and you don't really want to divorce, then drop it. your choice. but if you are going to proceed, then you really need to stay in your lane and let him do him.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Just for the record, I didn’t expect Alan Alda or Rhett...I just wanted him, all of him. The true AH is a great guy. Clearly, his heart was focused on other things...
Old 08-15-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
I want to hear him have REMORSE for what he put me thru

whoa now. unless you were in restraints with a gun to your head, he didn't PUT YOU through anything. that sounds very victim-y. you were a willing participant, were you not? yes his drinking did get way out of hand, with lots of drama and stress, but he didn't to that TO you or even AT you.

you told him you wanted a divorce. you are the one that filed the paperwork. you are the one that made changes to the paperwork and returned it to the attorney.

but now you don't like how he is behaving about it. you want to micro-manage how he responds so that you feel better. it doesn't work that way. if playing the divorce card was really an attempt to manipulate him to change and you don't really want to divorce, then drop it. your choice. but if you are going to proceed, then you really need to stay in your lane and let him do him.
correct. Not playing to manipulate him and believe I’m TRYING. One of my issues is expecting others to react as I do...I’m in a world of hurt right now and my depth of feeling for him went all the way to my toes. After everything, I thought he would feel sad. Besides, in the craziness of addiction I allowed myself to get caught in the whirlwind. I know you get that Anvil, and I respect the push to stay in my lane. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think the other driver is driving badly, especially when his choices AFFECT my lane. This experience has changed me, I am trying to find my strength again. I really do hope he finds his, but we are yoked together until the divorce is final. And when one oxen messes up, the other is affected whether we choose to be or not.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed.....the Carrie Underwood song is delightfully revengeful!! I love it.

However, if you would like to do some Big League wallowing.....the next song is one of my favorites.....

https://www.bing.com/search?q=youtub...A&pc=EUPP_UE04
Old 08-15-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Dazed.....the Carrie Underwood song is delightfully revengeful!! I love it.

However, if you would like to do some Big League wallowing.....the next song is one of my favorites.....

new song on repeat! Love it!
Old 08-15-2019, 10:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed.....here is another Ronnie Milsap that is uber wallow worthy!

***Please note correction...
Old 08-15-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Dazed.....here is another Ronnie Milsap that is uber wallow worthy!

***Please note correction...
yeah, he should feel that way. Lol. Thank you!