I got a feeling

Old 07-30-2019, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I got a feeling

So AH went to an early A.A. meeting this morning. He was here for a few hours then I went to my meeting and pampered. His treatment schedule gets out 2 hours ago. He’s not back. I hope this isn’t round two.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If it is, it is.

Either way, you did what you needed to do to take care of yourself today. He has recovery at his fingertips, he can use it, or not. Up to him.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
If it is, it is.

Either way, you did what you needed to do to take care of yourself today. He has recovery at his fingertips, he can use it, or not. Up to him.
guess so....poor guy
Old 07-30-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I got a feeling too Dazed...... that if you put this much time & energy into You & Your Side of the Street, it wouldn't matter so much what he was or wasn't doing.

What are you doing to shift your focus back to yourself in these moments instead of obsessing over him? Therapy & stuff is great when there's a meeting or appointment or whatever but most of our lives happen outside of those blocks of time.... that's where we make REAL progress & the things we learn about detaching & our own recoveries pay off.

Your posts are very-him-him-him-centric. What about YOU?
Old 07-30-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I got a feeling too Dazed...... that if you put this much time & energy into You & Your Side of the Street, it wouldn't matter so much what he was or wasn't doing.

What are you doing to shift your focus back to yourself in these moments instead of obsessing over him? Therapy & stuff is great when there's a meeting or appointment or whatever but most of our lives happen outside of those blocks of time.... that's where we make REAL progress & the things we learn about detaching & our own recoveries pay off.

Your posts are very-him-him-him-centric. What about YOU?
part of the reason I worry so much is if he gets into an accident I could be hurt by that as well. I’m going for a walk now with my doggie and try to shake this off.
Old 07-30-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed...….it really is very hard to detach when one feels like their very existance depends o n the alcoholic drinking or not.....It takes daily commitment and resolve...and practice to get the hang of it......
Old 07-30-2019, 12:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed...….it really is very hard to detach when one feels like their very existance depends o n the alcoholic drinking or not.....It takes daily commitment and resolve...and practice to get the hang of it......
I’m working on it. Doggie and I are going now....thank you dandy...
Old 07-30-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Went for a walk. Upon return AH was here. I left to go browse in a/c store. Scored the cutest good vibes only thermos! Came back and did some weight training for arm day. 8 lb weights today! Going to make chicken fettuccini for my dinner, then hit shower and M Beatty book. Thank you all for the support! I feel pretty good. 👍😀😎
Old 07-30-2019, 02:16 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

part of the reason I worry so much is if he gets into an accident I could be hurt by that as well. I’m going for a walk now with my doggie and try to shake this off.
That's one of the main concerns that eventually drove me out the door. The only way to ensure that their degenerate behavior doesn't devastate you financially is to DETACH and DIVORCE.

My XAH continues to drive drunk to this day. We've told the police, but they never seem to catch him.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Newlife2019 View Post
That's one of the main concerns that eventually drove me out the door. The only way to ensure that their degenerate behavior doesn't devastate you financially is to DETACH and DIVORCE.

My XAH continues to drive drunk to this day. We've told the police, but they never seem to catch him.
yes, sober or not the divorce will continue.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
Went for a walk. Upon return AH was here. I left to go browse in a/c store. Scored the cutest good vibes only thermos! Came back and did some weight training for arm day. 8 lb weights today! Going to make chicken fettuccini for my dinner, then hit shower and M Beatty book. Thank you all for the support! I feel pretty good. 👍😀😎

Well done you!