Curious

Old 07-26-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Curious

how many of you are still married to your alcoholic, active or not?
Old 07-26-2019, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

which one? LOL
Old 07-26-2019, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lol...married to more than one alcoholic????
Old 07-26-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Top this one! I married the same alcoholic twice and divorced the same one twice. I’m one also and am in recovery. He is not.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lmvalentine View Post
Top this one! I married the same alcoholic twice and divorced the same one twice. I’m one also and am in recovery. He is not.
you win.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Unfortunately he never got it. After seeking my first attempt to recover the 2nd “marriage” got worse and worse. He is still drinking it up. He proudly says he can keep it under control unlike me. I wish him luck. The whole situation is sad. We were steering the Titanic.
Old 07-26-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Unfortunately he never got it. After seeking my first attempt to recover the 2nd “marriage” got worse and worse. He is still drinking it up. He proudly says he can keep it under control unlike me. I wish him luck. The whole situation is sad. We were steering the Titanic.
sounds like big love tho, and very sad. I send a virtual hug to u. ❤️
Old 07-26-2019, 07:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It was heaven and total hell. 2 alcoholics don’t make a whole person. I’ve read some of your other posts and you are incredibly strong and self aware. An alcoholic will tell you anything to get what they want. Don’t give up and be suckered back in. It’s an endless cycle.
Old 07-26-2019, 08:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It was heaven and total hell. 2 alcoholics don’t make a whole person. I’ve read some of your other posts and you are incredibly strong and self aware. An alcoholic will tell you anything to get what they want. Don’t give up and be suckered back in. It’s an endless cycle.
I’m aware. It’s hard but I gotta do it. I get the heaven hell thing, it was big love here too. Bless you for the kind words. ❤️
Old 07-27-2019, 01:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am still with my AH. We have been together about 15 years. I drank with him for about 6 years and I am sober about 9 years.

I do not regret staying with him. I have an enormous amount of recovery work to do on myself.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am not married to my alcoholic. I'm the woman he moved on to. I'm the woman who was supposed to make it all better. Guess what?

Old 07-27-2019, 06:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallenAngelina View Post
I am not married to my alcoholic. I'm the woman he moved on to. I'm the woman who was supposed to make it all better. Guess what?

I am also the woman AH moved on to who was meant to make it all better! I didn't make it any better than his first wife did!

I believed all the crap about how his former wife made him drink!

I have learnt such a lot during my time with him. I can't believe now how I fell for all that bollocks and lies!
Old 07-27-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
I have learnt such a lot during my time with him.
I absolutely feel the same. I call him my Golden Ticket to AlAnon. Without him, I couldn't "get in" and that program (more pointedly, those people) has become my pathway to peace. He and I weave in and out of daily life, sometimes NC, sometimes walking together, but the more I focus on my own spiritual path, the better I feel and the better person I become. My XH (not an A) is actually grateful to my sometimes XABF for leading me into my own recovery program. All of my relationships benefit.

But yeah - new woman, same problems.
Old 07-27-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

you didn’t?
Old 07-27-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I absolutely feel the same. I call him my Golden Ticket to AlAnon. Without him, I couldn't "get in" and that program (more pointedly, those people) has become my pathway to peace. He and I weave in and out of daily life, sometimes NC, sometimes walking together, but the more I focus on my own spiritual path, the better I feel and the better person I become. My XH (not an A) is actually grateful to my sometimes XABF for leading me into my own recovery program. All of my relationships benefit.
Amen to all of this. Without my AH, I would not have become a member of Al-anon, which lead me to Adult Child of Alcoholics. Then also OA & AA. All of which have been life changers for me.

My AH was exactly the person I needed at the right time. Of course we think it is all THEM but we get to Al-anon and find out that it is US!

It has been a painful and gut wrenching journey but a very much needed one for me.

I now live a quiet and peaceful life, like you. Instead of a chaotic and insane one.