SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   So, if they can put fluoride in the water... Why not naltrexone? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/440524-so-if-they-can-put-fluoride-water-why-not-naltrexone.html)

Milano58 07-22-2019 07:04 PM

So, if they can put fluoride in the water... Why not naltrexone?

Seriously.. Yeah they'd still have to learn coping mechanisms but at least they won't be getting that insane high from alcohol...or opiods.

Yes I know doping the water supplies probably goes against the 3cs. But what about the 4th C... Contaminate!! I can't think of a C word that means.. Inoculate the alcoholic masses because their disease hinders self help.

Bekindalways 07-22-2019 09:12 PM

Sigh . . . .well . . . .at least you are thinking outside the box here Milano.

suki44883 07-22-2019 09:21 PM

Most people are not alcoholics. You cannot put a drug in the water supply for only a small percentage of the population. What next? Antidepressants in the water supply? Xanax?

Dee74 07-22-2019 09:28 PM

I'd probably have switched to bottled water....I just wasn't ready for change before I was ready.

D

Milano58 07-22-2019 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by suki44883 (Post 7232335)
Most people are not alcoholics. You cannot put a drug in the water supply for only a small percentage of the population. What next? Antidepressants in the water supply? Xanax?

I was joking..I have moments of complete inappropriateness, I usually stop myself before I hit submit.

trailmix 07-22-2019 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Milano58 (Post 7232340)
I was joking..I have moments of complete inappropriateness, I usually stop myself before I hit submit.

lol

I hope you hit submit more often Milano!

tomsteve 07-23-2019 12:33 AM

alcoholics will find a way to avoid it.
the alcoholics with well water- they dont care. :)

dandylion 07-23-2019 01:08 AM

Milano.....LOL.....of course you were kidding....
Having a sense of humor will help you survive!
I have a twisted sense of humor, myself.....

Did you know that comics are usually very bright people...?

Seren 07-23-2019 03:39 AM

Humor is essential....even dark humor :) Hang in there!

velma929 07-23-2019 05:11 AM

Haha. I have well water. AH refused to drink water at all because he couldn't stand to drink something with no taste. In fact, that was his excuse for drinking 8 - 10 - 12 beers a day: he had to drink *something* and he *couldn't* drink water.

August252015 07-23-2019 07:19 AM

:yikes: even if it was a joke. too many people lately talking about pills as solutions or focus around here for it to be a laugh...

nez 07-23-2019 08:09 AM

For me, humor is when I laugh "with". If I find myself laughing "at", I need to reevaluate.

“My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh.
But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain.”
― Charlie Chaplin

trailmix 07-23-2019 08:58 AM

I think it's a pretty fine line. I also think here in the Friends and Family forum we hop right over that line frequently.

Not because we are cruel people but because the conditions and situations found in an alcoholic household can be so ludicrous and by god they are funny sometimes! Someone wanting to run to the liquor store naked is funny. Is it also sad, of course it is. Dark humour.

Living with the madness that is alcoholism is not easy and sometimes we need a laugh and sometimes others will find that inappropriate (we are coming from different perspectives), however I do defend those that need to vent a bit and I personally didn't find this inappropriate at all.

Sometimes you laugh rather than the alternative, which is to cry.

Ariesagain 07-23-2019 09:01 AM

If you can find humor in something, it loses some of its power to hurt you.

I thought it was funny and good for you!!!

Milano58 07-23-2019 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by dandylion (Post 7232420)
Milano.....LOL.....of course you were kidding....
Having a sense of humor will help you survive!
I have a twisted sense of humor, myself.....

Did you know that comics are usually very bright people...?

Man, if I didn't laugh at the insanity of my life right now I'd go mental. I'm glad I have a coping mechanism that doesn't come out of a bottle..

tomsteve 07-24-2019 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Milano58 (Post 7233130)
Man, if I didn't laugh at the insanity of my life right now I'd go mental. I'm glad I have a coping mechanism that doesn't come out of a bottle..

if you couldnt laugh at it then you wouldnt be thinking/seeing/accepting theres insanity- insane people dont do that because they dont think theyre insane or that there is insanity in their lives- its everyone else and everywhere else but all is good in their own lives!
youre seein it so 2 thumbs up!

Sasha1972 07-24-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by velma929 (Post 7232526)
Haha. I have well water. AH refused to drink water at all because he couldn't stand to drink something with no taste. In fact, that was his excuse for drinking 8 - 10 - 12 beers a day: he had to drink *something* and he *couldn't* drink water.

Umm ... water is supposed to have no taste ...

This is one of the more creative excuses for drinking alcohol that I’ve heard recently.