saying Hi - is it time to start a new approach?

Old 07-22-2019, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

saying Hi - is it time to start a new approach?

as my AS starts to get into end stage alcoholism... i wonder if it is time to get my mum safe

We are not strangers to problem children (us 3) in our family our schizophrenic sister who had a 12 year continuous schizophrenic state died age 25, we are now me: 44, and my AS is 40

my mum had another daughter who she couldn't cope with who because she could not cope she made sure she was sectioned in an asylum for 2 years (after 10 years of looking after her) when my schizophrenic sister died, mum blames herself for not being able to cope
with every bad action towards her she holds with more love

she has acute and chronic problems with mental health of all types, also behaviour (isolates, draws all the curtains)

i also have have a lot of years in psychosis before accepting i needed to take medication for life and that i needed to give up any dreams i might have due to serious and chronic Schizophrenia although I'm stable long term 13 yrs

She has been in trouble with the police for stalking a guy, by whom she believes she is being bullied and stalked including her family
this is a 7 year delusion and has had her in crown court with a suspended sentence

my AS has when drunk shouts viciously for 10 - 20years

my AS used to have 2 bottles of wine to herself every day as long ago as perhaps 20 yrs - i don't know what and when and how much she has now

My AS lives with my mum who she abuses regularly at i think 2 days a week but could be 5 days at other times althogh she does not say

My AS is suicidal chronic and acute, isolates has no trust in doctors, therapists, groups, peers or pro's of any kind, support group, therapy, work or leisure

my AS confabulates, is psychotic for 7 years, hardly eats, has lost a lot of weight, has extreme headaches, stays in bed in a darkened room, for about the last 6 years, can shout or be abusive with every conversation for up to about 3 days at a time.

my AS has deep trauma from an experience when she was 3 yrs old

My mum was hit by a car in front of me last May and had a leg and foot broken at a 90 degree angle from the top parts of tib - fib

she is quite active now but very limited

As my AS situation becomes more and more hopeless by the month
I am concerned that i need to somehow help my mum differently

my mum is 76 in a flat with her all this time and I fear for her
Old 07-22-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would say this is way out of your control, you can't really help here at all, alone. Professional help is needed and an intervention by those professionals.

If your Sister will not leave of her own accord, I would report your Sister to the police as being abusive to your Mother. I would ask her to move out and if she doesn't do that and right away, call the police.

They may each have their own problems but together they are a disaster.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow Puzzle, you and your family really have been through it and then some.

Kudos for figuring out you needed meds. I do hope they help you. I'm a lifer on antidepressants and don't think I would have made it without them.

I'm with Trailmix on this one; it's time to call in the professionals. I suppose your mom could refuse. What type of social services do you have available to you?

I hope you are taking care of yourself. Let us know how you get on.