Reward

Old 07-21-2019, 01:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reward

so in the mail yesterday the AH gets a settlement check. It was pretty big. He looks rested and is not doing a single thing. Me, on the other hand have spent a lot of money, am running around cleaning, mowing, divorcing, and pretty tired. Either way I’m getting hurt, staying in hurt, leaving I’m hurt....and AH gets rewarded? Wtf? I should start drinking.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No dont drink .not gonna solve anything. Just intensifie your hurt. Dont wish no ill will. Like they say karma has no dead line........keep coming back.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

DC, things will be a lot more peaceful for you when you are able to get out of the middle of the storm. There are always going to be things that feel unfair that are totally out of our control. It's your choice to see it as a "reward", but you could also just recognize it as yet another thing that doesn't really have anything to do with you. Your peace and rewards are on their way.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SparkleKitty View Post
DC, things will be a lot more peaceful for you when you are able to get out of the middle of the storm. There are always going to be things that feel unfair that are totally out of our control. It's your choice to see it as a "reward", but you could also just recognize it as yet another thing that doesn't really have anything to do with you. Your peace and rewards are on their way.
I heard that in my mind earlier....from God’s mouth to your ear.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed......I call this time....."Short-term pain, for the Long-term Gain.
You have got to do what you have got to do in order to free yourself from the "prison" of his alcoholism.....
Your own mental health requires it....
Old 07-21-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed......I call this time....."Short-term pain, for the Long-term Gain.
You have got to do what you have got to do in order to free yourself from the "prison" of his alcoholism.....
Your own mental health requires it....
heavy sigh, noted. I was hoping you’d show up dandy. ❤️
Old 07-21-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The good news is now that he has some money, there should be no problem for him to get out of your house into his own place or with his family.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
The good news is now that he has some money, there should be no problem for him to get out of your house into his own place or with his family.
I’m glad to see you Hawkeye....true, but he’s not making any moves. I have a feeling it’s gonna take the law to do it. He REALLY wants to reconcile. I don’t see it happening.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dunno what state you live in, but half that check is yours in a lot of places. Take a picture of it, quick. Once he figures out you’re serious about the divorce he may start hiding assets and income.

So he’s headed for rehab tomorrow, right? Wasn’t that something he said?
Old 07-21-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Dunno what state you live in, but half that check is yours in a lot of places. Take a picture of it, quick. Once he figures out you’re serious about the divorce he may start hiding assets and income.

So he’s headed for rehab tomorrow, right? Wasn’t that something he said?
I don’t want to go there with the half is mine stuff. I think I have much more assets than him currently and he could get really mean and ugly. Right now it’s a simple default divorce with little money involved. He does have a dr appt tomorrow to get referred to rehab. I’m staying out of it. Going to therapy and stop by the lawyer.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

objectively, if someone gets a "settlement" for something, some court decided they were legally entitled to same. that is not a reward. it's just a result of something else.

try not to see this is some game or competition with a big scoreboard. he's gonna do what he is gonna do. so be it.
he's gonna say what he's gonna say. which will change in less than three hours. so be it.
he has his own agenda. and the list of interested parties on his agenda equals exactly ONE. him. so be it.
remember he was the drunk naked guy a couple days ago determined to walk to the liquor store in just shoes.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
objectively, if someone gets a "settlement" for something, some court decided they were legally entitled to same. that is not a reward. it's just a result of something else.

try not to see this is some game or competition with a big scoreboard. he's gonna do what he is gonna do. so be it.
he's gonna say what he's gonna say. which will change in less than three hours. so be it.
he has his own agenda. and the list of interested parties on his agenda equals exactly ONE. him. so be it.
remember he was the drunk naked guy a couple days ago determined to walk to the liquor store in just shoes.
lol! Indeed he was anvil, indeed he was. You’re so right. I’m not interested in his agenda only he is. Many thanks for the laugh.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

He does have a dr appt tomorrow to get referred to rehab. I’m staying out of it. Going to therapy and stop by the lawyer.
^^^^ Really happy to hear this Dazed. Inspite of being in the whirlwind of alcoholic/divorce hell you do seem to keep managing to get your concentration where it needs to be. Keep it up!
Old 07-21-2019, 05:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
^^^^ Really happy to hear this Dazed. Inspite of being in the whirlwind of alcoholic/divorce hell you do seem to keep managing to get your concentration where it needs to be. Keep it up!
thank you be kind! I’m trying.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

This!!!

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post