He won’t leave

Old 07-09-2019, 04:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He won’t leave

I have my attorney, I’ve had my STBX served (process server is coming tomorrow I think) and I’ve offered him cash to leave and he’s waffling. I told him I would give him some money to leave by August 1st (when my son and I both go back to school) and he says he needs to think about it.
I don’t want to leave him in the house with my kiddo alone. I work about an hour away and kiddo gets out at 3:30 pm. I can try for an order of protection but am not sure it will be granted and if X finds out about it he will be beyond angry and make my life miserable.
X says he has not been drinking. And he refuses to admit he’s smoking weed. In the afternoon around the same time every day he slurs his words, gets effusive and falls asleep on the couch.

What can I do to get him to leave? He says he loves me, does not want a divorce and will not leave bc he does not want a divorce. I can’t afford a cash equity loan until after August when I start my newer, higher paying job. I can’t raid my retirement account without suffering some serious penalties and income tax.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-09-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you certain about your retirement account? I’ve taken 60 day loans on my IRA twice over the years and repaid it without any problems with taxes?

Maybe you can find a short-term rental? Lots of the listings on VRBO can be rented by the month, just one idea.

No matter what he’s saying, it’s not about love, it’s about power. What does your lawyer suggest?
Old 07-09-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes I talked to my financial dude- but I doubt I could make the deadline. The mortgage broker said the process is at least 45 days and that I should wait until the end of August to get my first paycheck at my new salary (part time to full time teacher) to apply for a house loan.
Old 07-09-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A lot of schools offer after school programs...sometimes through the YMCA. Could you do that short term for your son?