SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Chelata (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/440056-chelata.html)

Dazedandconfus 07-07-2019 07:40 AM

Chelata

Crazy alcoholic, walking around naked...begging me to buy him a chelata, This is absolutely insane. Swearing to me this is the last time. If I don’t buy the chelata he won’t go to the lawyer to finish divorce he says. He prolly won’t go anyway, no matter what I do.

Dazedandconfus 07-07-2019 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus (Post 7222008)
Crazy alcoholic, walking around naked...begging me to buy him a chelata, This is absolutely insane. Swearing to me this is the last time. If I don’t buy the chelata he won’t go to the lawyer to finish divorce he says. He prolly won’t go anyway, no matter what I do.

I just have to leave the house

Mango212 07-07-2019 07:48 AM

It's okay to call for help. Social services, ambulance, something, someone, anything. You need help and so does he.

Dazedandconfus 07-07-2019 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mango212 (Post 7222012)
It's okay to call for help. Social services, ambulance, something, someone, anything. You need help and so does he.

I have called and called. These past two weeks have been filled with police, paramedics, hospitals, medical teams...they all say he is not breaking any laws. He can drink if he wants. I just need to get him on his way somehow.

Mango212 07-07-2019 07:53 AM

That's sad and wrong.

Yes, he can drink as much as he wants. Yet mentally losing it should allow for some kind of medical intervention at some point.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this and not getting much needed help.

My husband stayed in a mental health program for a week and was drinking fairly soon after discharging, yet it was one of the touch points for family members having time to connect with him in a positive way and my experience before he was admitted was that he was a danger to himself and others. He was not living with me at the time and I didn't show up in person until the family day, yet I was able to work with facilitators by phone to help encourage further treatment instead of releasing after 12 hours of hospitalization.

Dazedandconfus 07-07-2019 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Mango212 (Post 7222016)
That's sad and wrong.

Yes, he can drink as much as he wants. Yet mentally losing it should allow for some kind of medical intervention at some point.

agreed. It’s just a crazy alcoholic to them. No help, really.

Dazedandconfus 07-07-2019 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mango212 (Post 7222016)
That's sad and wrong.

My husband stayed in a mental health program for a week and was drinking fairly soon after discharging, yet it was one of the touch points for family members having time to connect with him in a positive way and my experience before he was admitted was that he was a danger to himself and others. He was not living with me at the time and I didn't show up in person until the family day, yet I was able to work with facilitators by phone to help encourage further treatment instead of releasing after 12 hours of hospitalization.

I tried the 5150 danger to self, he had that hold once, this time not so much.

dandylion 07-07-2019 11:19 AM

Dazed.....I am just spitballing, here....but, if maybe, you would leave out of the house...he would follow you into public...and if he is naked or acting "crazy", it would give grounds for a "drunk in public" charge, and they could take him in to jail;....and, give you a better chance for the 5150....

velma929 07-07-2019 11:42 AM

"drunk in public' isn't a crime near me, but naked in public would get you arrested.

LovePeaceSushi 07-07-2019 11:45 AM

Dandylion, you read my mind. I was going to suggest baiting him outside somehow (ask him to check the mail!) and locking the door. No clothes = no pockets = no keys. Let the cops pick him up!

Dazedandconfus 07-07-2019 01:35 PM

He already got in trouble this week for drunk in public. he had clothes on tho...🤷*♀️

hopeful4 07-08-2019 06:59 AM

Aren't you seeing an attorney today? I would do everything I could do to get him out of the house myself.

Dazedandconfus 07-08-2019 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by hopeful4 (Post 7222687)
Aren't you seeing an attorney today? I would do everything I could do to get him out of the house myself.

attorney schedule for tomorrow. Been retained, initial paperwork in the works. Alcoholic been drinking beer, pineapple juice and sleeping all day. As far as I know no hard liquor. He’s getting ready to leave, drive his truck to his family. This whole thing disgusts me

hopeful4 07-08-2019 01:11 PM

It's good that he is going to his family though, right? It's out of your hands now. PROTECT YOU.

HUGE HUGS!