Transport a drunk man

Old 07-08-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This is more of a learning process for you. Addiction does progress, and it does run deep. He very well may be sorry, but that does not mean his addiction is not there. The reality is, it takes people down the rabbit hole, and if allowed, will drag you there too.

I know it hurts, but you are right to move on. Let his family worry about him.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I heard "I'm so sorry Baby"... "I'll never do it again Hun, I promise".. and several other versions of those same sentiments, (said with tears in his eyes and trembling lips) more times than I can count. I do believe he WAS sorry, but he was never sorry ENOUGH because he kept right on doing what active alcoholics do: he drank and he lied. He also drank and drove, drank and did other illegal things, drank and wasted money.... and the list goes on...

I hope you are seeing that attorney today or at least soon. You are taking the right steps to extricate yourself from the storm, keep on stepping, one foot in front of the other. No one deserves to live with this kind of chaos in their life. Wishing for you, peace and strength while you push forward.
Old 07-08-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My husband once suggested I make a video of him drunk. I never did. I'm not sure he would have ever been sober enough for watching himself to make an impact. If it did make an impact, I'm not sure he could have ever broken loose from the grip, anyway.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Velma, there's no winning with an active alcoholic. I did make videos of my husband drunk. I wanted him to see what he was like AND I wanted some documentation if we ever got a divorce. NOTHING infuriated my husband more than the little audible "ping" of my phone's video recorder starting.