Re-post-thought for the day.

Old 07-05-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Re-post-thought for the day.

I found this today. I think it came from this forum, and I apologize for not making note of the original author.

Now try saying this to this person; "I leave you free to be yourself, to think your thoughts, to indulge you taste, follow your inclinations, and behave in any way that you decide is to your liking." The moment you say that you will observe one of two things: your heart will resist those words, and you will be exposed for the clinger and exploiter that you are. Or your heart will pronounce the words sincerely and in that very instant all control, manipulation, exploitation, possessiveness, and jealousy will drop.

And you will notice something else: The person ceases to be special and important to you. And he/she becomes important the way a sunset or a symphony is lovely in itself, the way a tree is special in itself and not for the fruit or the shade that it can offer you. Your beloved will then belong not to you but to everyone else or to no one like the sunrise and the tree. Test it by saying those words again: "I leave you free to be yourself..." In saying those words you have set yourself free. You are now ready to love. For when you cling, what you offer the other is not love but a chain by which both you and your beloved are bound. Love can only exist in freedom. The true lover seeks the good of his beloved which requires the liberation of the beloved from the lover.

"I leave you free to be yourself,to think your thought, to indulge you taste, follow your inclinations, and behave in any way that you decide is to your liking."
Old 07-05-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice😃 Cool saying