O/T Doctors

Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi Amy,

One foot in front of the other.

I've had several naturopathic doctors I really like. Each physician has something good to offer in some way. Sometimes it's in clarifying what is really important to us in our medical relationships.

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Amy...I will share something about myself. I was terrified of the dentist and did not go, for 10 YEARS.

Eventually, I just called them up and made an appointment. I told them on the phone I am terrified of the dentist and have not been in 10 years and to please support me in this.

I can only say, they were wonderful. That was about 2-3 years ago. Now I have no fear, but it's in my chart and my dentist is always so kind and compassionate about it.

Ultimately, people want to help other people. It's up to us to be honest and reach out a hand when we need that help.

Good for you friend! I am super proud of you!

Huge hugs!
Old 06-26-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yay Amy!! I'm going to find a periodontist now. I will have to travel about 200 miles but it's better than my teeth falling out. I think.

As a side note, my dentist told me that they get calls a LOT from people who are terrified of seeing a dentist. Sometimes, he goes out into the parking lot and sits in their car, reassuring them that there will be no pain, etc. Nice, right?
He said lots of people had bad experiences with dentists when they were little, it's easy to ignore teeth problems and then their anxiety just build up over the years.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thinking about you today...you’re probably at your appointment now?

Let us know how it went, okay?

Monster hug...
Old 07-08-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

OK, so I went. I think the hardest part of all of this was scheduling that appt. Once I make an appt, I keep it. So, it was 15 minutes or more taking down my past medical history. They were good actors, I mean after hearing my medical history and not raising eyebrows as to why this is the first time in my life that I am seeing a PCP, I was amazed.

So, last Sunday I fell down my stairs, only 3. I was talking on the phone, went up to get water, never took off my reading glasses, and for some reason I let go of the railing, which I never do. I bruised my ribs. I was able to hold onto the phone and told my friend that I had to go, but didn't say why, I felt too stupid.

So Dr. checked that out today also. Told me they were just bruised and asked me pain level. Told him it's a lot better then the day after it happened. He wanted to give me something for pain, and I just couldn't do it. I need to feel the pain because that reminds me not to do stupid things that could aggravate the ribs.

Getting blood tests tomorrow, not afraid of that. During chemo, I had so many needles that a blood test is nothing.

My BP and all that is fine, actually BP is still borderline low, but since I don't get dizzy he didn't see a need for meds.

He did recommend to see a Vascular Dr, to do a Doppler (for DVT, blood clot in leg), since I have not had one done since 2000, and of course an OB/GYN.

OK, so first step was done, thanks for giving me that push.

((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
amy
Old 07-08-2019, 05:45 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Old 07-09-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yay! Well done friend! I am sorry you took a fall but glad you are OK!!!
Old 07-10-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Amy, not sure how I missed your update but I did.

You are a brave soul, well done for keeping your appointment.

I'm really sorry you fell, I fell down the stairs about 5 years ago, it was in a building and the stairwell light timer was off so no light and i missed the last step or two and gracefully (lol) landed against a heat register in the foyer. That hurt, lots of bruising.

I hope your ribs are feeling a lot better now.