Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

How bad is it when the drunk wets the bed and blames you when your covered in his urine?

How bad is it when the drunk wets the bed and blames you when your covered in his urine?

Old 06-18-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=jojoinflorida;7209690]amy someone who doesnt like me and hurt my feelings it shows has read my post. Should i ask a moderator to delete my acccount /QUOTE]

Anyone can read your post, even if we are not logged in. If You don't want to see someone's response to you, you can always block them . I know that for a long time I didn't want to see someone's response to me, but those are the responses that helped me the most. Those were the people that were pushing me forward when I really wanted to stay and dwell in my own misery. I do know that you need to dwell in your own misery, but there comes a time that you need to move forward.

Delete your account? Why? I don't find that useful at all for recovery. Let people get to know you. You delete your account, you go into isolation again, so what did you gain? The only thing you would have gained was to shut people out of your life again. How does that help you?

The first time I joined a forum, I felt overwhelmed by the amount of support that I received, but I also need face to face support. I went to a therapist and a psychiatrist. I needed to talk to someone, and I needed meds to help me deal with my c-ptsd. I was on meds for a short amount of time, I needed them just to get me through things at the moment.

Have you ever gone to a therapist or psychiatrist?

amy
Old 06-19-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good morning, jojo

I'm so sorry for all that you have been through! I hope you are safely away from that man, now. You certainly deserve a peaceful, beautiful life, and it doesn't sound like that's possible with him.

I know there have been times in my life when my anxiety and anger were triggered and I felt like I was going to hyperventilate--like the world was spinning too fast. I learned to breathe my way through it and distract myself with something like a game of solitaire or a tv show about nature.

We are here to support you How can we help?
Old 06-19-2019, 12:18 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
jjf….sounds like he was knee deep in denial and projecting.....
At least, you seem to have some self awareness that you took your sacrificial nature too far..... I am quite sure that you won't ever do that, again! lol....

this remind me of a poster, who told of her husband who passed out on the couch.....Nest morning. he claimed that the cat peed on his crotch, while he was asleep.....
This might have been me. My ex is famously incontinent, and the animals were his go-to scapegoats. He once blamed the dog for pooing in his pants/underwear while he (not the dog) was wearing them. You're definitely not alone.

Time and distance makes these anecdotes humorous (if not slightly gross), but in the immediate aftermath, I was appalled that I put up with that stuff for so long. The best thing I did for myself during that time was to start attending Alanon meetings and working my own program of recovery.
Old 06-19-2019, 04:54 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I"m sorry for what you went through, and I hope things are better now. But if I understand your post, you told him YOU had an accident. Getting angry with HIM because he believed it? Not fair or nice.

I get how frustrating it is, I lived with an alcoholic for 25 years. I didn't mess with his head by lying to him, and then get angry because he believed my lie.