Self care and good obvious direction.

Old 06-17-2019, 10:07 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self care and good obvious direction.

If self-care is allowed to lead the day, what does this look like for you?

------------------
Just for today, a half load of laundry in the dryer, time to appreciate having a calm wild rabbit in my yard, leaving a chore I'm helping my landlord with for another time as it involves equipment I'm not experienced with and am unable to start. Just for today, I have confidence and satisfaction in in the moment I'm in.

Just for today, asking for and receiving an appointment modification. Balancing life in new ways. This will be my first phone appointment (a short one) with a much valued therapist I've had many appointments with. A growth opportunity in staying connected, focused and continuing my healing.

Just for today, a spoonful of peanut butter slowly enjoyed outdoors and a bulletproof coffee to go.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My self care today was giving myself a rest day. It has been lovely, lots of rest whilst watching films on Netflix. Some delicious and healthy meals. Pleasant chat with my friend. Back to real life tomorrow!
Old 06-17-2019, 10:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My self-care today so far has been stepping away from the computer and my work to actually play with my puppies and belly laugh when they chase each other around the furniture and act silly
Old 06-17-2019, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
My self care today was giving myself a rest day. It has been lovely, lots of rest whilst watching films on Netflix. Some delicious and healthy meals. Pleasant chat with my friend. Back to real life tomorrow!
In my experience, this is real life!

Days of self-care, in many ways. Evolving, balanced. Just as seasons and nature have an ebb and flow. Refreshing rains sometimes come in deluges, sometimes in scattered drops of water, often with rainbows.
Old 06-17-2019, 10:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
In my experience, this is real life!

Days of self-care, in many ways. Evolving, balanced. Just as seasons and nature have an ebb and flow. Refreshing rains sometimes come in deluges, sometimes in scattered drops of water, often with rainbows.
Haha, my real life tomorrow is going to the dentist! Good self care but not much fun!
Old 06-17-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Tapping into allowing my emotions to flow. Prayer. Singing 'Fight Song' and feeling it in my bones.

Now the song I can see clearly now by Jimmy Cliff.

Life is good.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mango: gotta say... always love reading your positive insights & posts. You have such online good energy ‘bout you! Had to thank you for all that. Even on my worst days, I see something small, yet positive that you’ve mentioned... & it helps me out.

Self care for me today... well it’s pouring rain here... thunderstorms but I still made it to therapy. And I cried for the first time with my new therapist so that felt really healthy. He saw such progress in me.

Now I'm taking a break at work... just reflecting on how far I’ve come. So much to be thankful for.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
If self-care is allowed to lead the day, what does this look like for you?

------------------
Just for today, a half load of laundry in the dryer, time to appreciate having a calm wild rabbit in my yard, leaving a chore I'm helping my landlord with for another time as it involves equipment I'm not experienced with and am unable to start. Just for today, I have confidence and satisfaction in in the moment I'm in.

Just for today, asking for and receiving an appointment modification. Balancing life in new ways. This will be my first phone appointment (a short one) with a much valued therapist I've had many appointments with. A growth opportunity in staying connected, focused and continuing my healing.

Just for today, a spoonful of peanut butter slowly enjoyed outdoors and a bulletproof coffee to go.
Self care for today:

-spending time with my daughter
-gardening..gonna buy a small tree
-will pick up kids early and take them for ice cream
-working on a manuscript
-making my home a special place
Old 06-19-2019, 09:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Meditation.

Classic rock, back roads and highways, summer traffic, somewhere in this mix a
tie in with science, history and local culture. There's also been a real theme coming up in my life of liberty, the United States flag and gratitude -- this summer, same as last summer, in many unexpected ways and places.
Old 06-19-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I made a DIY face scrub this morning with fine pink himalayan salt, rose water, and activated charcoal. Made homemade spaghetti for lunch. Allowing myself to focus on work today and let the housework slide. (I work from home and sometimes drive myself crazy trying to do both simultaneously) Listening to the wind chimes outside my door and waiting for the rain to come in.
Old 07-16-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This self care visual came up on Pinterest for me yesterday, and it made me think of this thread. I like how it’s organized .

Old 07-16-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My self care today involves bringing a healthy snack to lunch (the plumbs are delicious right now) instead of junk food.

I plan to go to lunch with a friend and catch up.

I did a much dreaded chore last night so I would not have to dread it all week.

And, I am staying caught up at work. While that may not sound like self care, believe me, it is. Being behind makes me dread coming to work. I have a good job with nice people around me. If I stay caught up, I actually enjoy it, which makes life much more pleasant. I have to really fight myself for what I call "summer envy." I am friends with many teachers, no working moms, and people who are basically off in the summer. Great for them. If I let it, I can get really down by just having to work every day.

Isn't that the most ungrateful and selfish thing? It's crazy. I am generally not like that as a person, but every year in the summer about this time I find myself in that way. However, next week I only work Monday and Tuesday and then plan to do some fun summer things which will help. I think I am just in need of a break!

So...there is my self care and my confession for today LOL!
Old 07-16-2019, 01:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I went for a run today, even though it's hot and I didn't want to do it. I went for my first therapy session. I played with our foster kittens. I am forcing myself to attend a social event tonight, even though I'm kind of anxious about meeting new people.

hopeful4 - I'm a teacher and I'm semi-off in summer. I do appreciate the flexibility and the break from the semester, but honestly being off work doesn't suit me. I get bored and lonely and feel unfocused. I've ended up going in to the office a few times a week this summer, just so I don't lose my mind. How's that for ungrateful?
Old 07-16-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Elizabeth....we should job share LOL!!!

Foster kittens....now that sound right up my alley!