Living in the solution

Old 06-14-2019, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Living in the solution

It's okay to be happy.

Scorched coffee pot? No worries. Only opportunities in exploring new ways or effective old ways to clean one. A happy heart embraces life in calm, kind, enthusiastic ways. Or the route of: actions first, feelings follow. Embracing life in new ways can lead to allowing, nurturing and developing a happy heart.

Chair uncomfortable? Is it possible to focus on something good in the surrounding environment, perhaps gratitude for support of the chair? Then the counterpart: is it a habit to think and judge only what is familiar to be comfortable and a old, boring thought pattern that only comfortable is okay? Comfortable isn't nearly the friend of growth, progress and a full life as "stepping beyond the comfort zone"!

Self kindness can look like many things.
  • Meditation in a group or alone.
  • Enjoyment of life.
  • Trusting in the healing process.
  • Healthy interactions.
  • Grateful awareness.
  • Embracing the unknown.

Namaste
Old 06-14-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes, living is the solution. The Serenity prayer says it best with reference to accepting the things we can not change.

Life is never going to be easy, fair and painless. We are never going to always get what we want. When we expect life to be easy, fair and painless naturally we try and fix it with a quick fix or mood changer of chemicals!

Discomfort is the price of admission to a meaningful life. No one would deny that life is full of adversity. We can’t control our circumstances but we can control how we think about our circumstances and how we respond. If there is no strain, there will be no strength. The number-one contributor to growth is difficult circumstances.​ All addictions are a by-product of how we decide to manage difficult circumstances.

Matthew 11:28-30: 28 “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am [a]gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”

Christ uses three key verbs when speaking of stress management: come, learn, and take. Christ wants us to come to Him, collaborate with Him, learn from Him, take on a lighter load. No rocket science here, just behavior science and scripture.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Life is never going to be easy, fair and painless."

I have a changing view of this.

Life is often easy, as I learn new skills, habits of thought and allow Higher Power/Universe to guide this.

Life is often fair, in there being great abundance, peace and calm.

Life is often healthy, vibrant, strong and playful. Enjoying life, taking note of these things and being grateful for them helps greatly!

Simply what I'm experiencing. One day at a time.
Old 06-15-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've been working this morning with a very difficult person who uses being obnoxious, blatant lies and bullying tactics as everyday sales techniques. I'm in a zen mode. Enjoying quick, efficient work flow, taking breaks and allowing people who are genuine, authentic and kind to be my role models.

Namaste.

Mango
Old 06-17-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@mango212: sounds amazing. Since my marriage blew apart I have been so stuck. Going to accupuncture really opened up my awareness to my body's energy. Going tonight!!