Chronic Anxiety?

Old 06-24-2019, 11:16 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. My neighbour has 2 dogs, which they barely try to control. They are not bad dogs but will bark and whine at the back door for hours when locked out.

I don't watch that closely (just tell them to shut up) but the other day I went out to look (and to try to give the dog a piece of bread to shut up lol). Well he was not interested in food.

So I thought they must not be home because this dog was in full bark mode. Then I hear someone talking. The guy who lives there is standing on the front step, probably talking on the phone while that dog is out there barking full steam. I guess he's used to the racket.

I have reported them and I know they were visited by bylaw. I let it go on for a year or so before I reported them. Hasn't helped, of course.

I'd like to sell my house and move further out of town, but that's not in the cards right now either. So when it gets too much or when I'm working I close the window, turn on my portable a/c and I'm in my own little office happy as a clam.

Not a great solution I know. I would rather be able to have the window wide open.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I know what you mean. My neighbour has 2 dogs, which they barely try to control. They are not bad dogs but will bark and whine at the back door for hours when locked out.

I don't watch that closely (just tell them to shut up) but the other day I went out to look (and to try to give the dog a piece of bread to shut up lol). Well he was not interested in food.

So I thought they must not be home because this dog was in full bark mode. Then I hear someone talking. The guy who lives there is standing on the front step, probably talking on the phone while that dog is out there barking full steam. I guess he's used to the racket.

I have reported them and I know they were visited by bylaw. I let it go on for a year or so before I reported them. Hasn't helped, of course.

I'd like to sell my house and move further out of town, but that's not in the cards right now either. So when it gets too much or when I'm working I close the window, turn on my portable a/c and I'm in my own little office happy as a clam.

Not a great solution I know. I would rather be able to have the window wide open.
Wow that sounds like a pain. Do you ever feel like the neighbours have won when you are forced to close window? I suppose as you say, until you can move it's the best solution.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

No I never feel that way, I guess I don't think of it that way?

This is the problem - I try to solve the problem (call bylaw), that doesn't work - what is my solution. I never consider them in the equation.
Old 06-24-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
No I never feel that way, I guess I don't think of it that way?

This is the problem - I try to solve the problem (call bylaw), that doesn't work - what is my solution. I never consider them in the equation.
Good way to look at it.