I hate the Summer....

Old 06-06-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I thought of you yesterday as I was leaving work. I had been inside pretty much all day, so I was sort of in the zone. I walked outside and it was bright and hot and my car was sweltering when I got in. I went home and had to water all the flowers I have worked so hard on planting and making my place pretty. It just made me.....grouchy. I just wanted to go in side and veg. I forced myself to do a bunch of stuff, but really, really did not want to.

I suspect if I felt this way often it could lead to very real depression. I guess I am just saying this to let you know you are not alone friend.
Old 06-06-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
I thought of you yesterday as I was leaving work. I had been inside pretty much all day, so I was sort of in the zone. I walked outside and it was bright and hot and my car was sweltering when I got in. I went home and had to water all the flowers I have worked so hard on planting and making my place pretty. It just made me.....grouchy. I just wanted to go in side and veg. I forced myself to do a bunch of stuff, but really, really did not want to.

I suspect if I felt this way often it could lead to very real depression. I guess I am just saying this to let you know you are not alone friend.
Thank you it really does help to know I'm not alone.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

I hate summers

At a high school graduation and grandmother is offering graduate and 17 year old brother a beer.They decline and parents were pushing no hard. Grandmother was quite insistent and almost perplexed.

Grandmother was also pushing us attending beer gardens. I stated "we just choose not to". She was equally perplexed by this. All these people have amnesia about what we have been through. I hate the temptations that come along with the season.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hearthealth View Post
At a high school graduation and grandmother is offering graduate and 17 year old brother a beer.They decline and parents were pushing no hard. Grandmother was quite insistent and almost perplexed.

Grandmother was also pushing us attending beer gardens. I stated "we just choose not to". She was equally perplexed by this. All these people have amnesia about what we have been through. I hate the temptations that come along with the season.
Sounds very frustrating.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:29 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

There’s this interesting video series I’ve been watching on the history of herbal medicine. The videos/ links expire, this one expires tonight, but if anyone has time to watch it, there’s some great info here. This one is on cardiovascular health and depression, they start talking about depression specifically about 55 minutes in:

https://remedy.thesacredscience.com/episode6tyv
Old 06-10-2019, 07:29 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pdm22 View Post
There’s this interesting video series I’ve been watching on the history of herbal medicine. The videos/ links expire, this one expires tonight, but if anyone has time to watch it, there’s some great info here. This one is on cardiovascular health and depression, they start talking about depression specifically about 55 minutes in:

https://remedy.thesacredscience.com/episode6tyv
Interesting stuff. One guy says to come out I to the sunlight and it helps depression. I'm not enjoying the summer sunshine so that's hard.

50 per cent of anti depressants have no benefit to people taking them? Wow big numbers. I've never taken St John's wort but heard lots of good things. I'd need to eat Bunches of it to help me deal with this summer.

Had a conversation with a nurse this morning (was in to give blood for testing). She said she meditates and finds mindfulness helpful for her, but finds when she comes to work she can loose it very quickly because it's so noisy there. I could relate. I explained since I've begun meditating and going within more, I find it really challenging to deal with noisyness, from people, cars, places etc, hence the extra noise of summer irritating me so much.

It got me thinking, could it be that when I wasn't meditating, being reflective and needing quiet to focus on myself that I didn't take notice as much, and now I'm so aware of other noises. Maybe it's part of what happens the more we practise it. I'm realising how noisy where I live is. 🤔
Old 06-10-2019, 07:38 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Interesting stuff. One guy says to come out I to the sunlight and it helps depression. I'm not enjoying the summer sunshine so that's hard.

50 per cent of anti depressants have no benefit to people taking them? Wow big numbers. I've never taken St John's wort but heard lots of good things. I'd need to eat Bunches of it to help me deal with this summer.

Had a conversation with a nurse this morning (was in to give blood for testing). She said she meditates and finds mindfulness helpful for her, but finds when she comes to work she can loose it very quickly because it's so noisy there. I could relate. I explained since I've begun meditating and going within more, I find it really challenging to deal with noisyness, from people, cars, places etc, hence the extra noise of summer irritating me so much.

It got me thinking, could it be that when I wasn't meditating, being reflective and needing quiet to focus on myself that I didn't take notice as much, and now I'm so aware of other noises. Maybe it's part of what happens the more we practise it. I'm realising how noisy where I live is. ��
Same here, I find crowds of people draining and tend to do my shopping, walking, etc during off times. I know what you mean about summertime and everyone being out, I’m in a highly populated area and it’s like that here too.

I’m not sure if it was that video or another one, but they also talked about the history of sugar consumption, basically that it’s only been in our diets in recent times (previously people were lucky to get natural sources like honey or maple syrup, but it was rare). They talked about the link between sugar (and refined carbs) / blood sugar imbalances and that roller coaster ride of anxiety/ depression. I believe you mentioned that in a few of your threads (sugar)? I’m going to try to clean it up a little and see how that goes myself, I noticed I felt much better and more even when I was off of sugar. :/
Old 06-10-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pdm22 View Post
Same here, I find crowds of people draining and tend to do my shopping, walking, etc during off times. I know what you mean about summertime and everyone being out, I’m in a highly populated area and it’s like that here too.

I’m not sure if it was that video or another one, but they also talked about the history of sugar consumption, basically that it’s only been in our diets in recent times (previously people were lucky to get natural sources like honey or maple syrup, but it was rare). They talked about the link between sugar (and refined carbs) / blood sugar imbalances and that roller coaster ride of anxiety/ depression. I believe you mentioned that in a few of your threads (sugar)? I’m going to try to clean it up a little and see how that goes myself, I noticed I felt much better and more even when I was off of sugar. :/
Yes sugar is something I'd like to eliminate from my diet. This past weekend I ate a packet of wine gums and jelly babies, both laden with sugar. Chocolate too I'm addicted too. Not sure if it's the answer on its own but certainly would help.
Old 06-10-2019, 08:54 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Yes sugar is something I'd like to eliminate from my diet. This past weekend I ate a packet of wine gums and jelly babies, both laden with sugar. Chocolate too I'm addicted too. Not sure if it's the answer on its own but certainly would help.
Absolutely, I do find truth in that no matter what is going on in a person’s life, if the physiological piece goes out the window and stuff gets put into the body that isn’t nourishing and causes imbalances, it just augments and exacerbates everything else. Funny, caffeine too- a couple of years ago I cold turkey’d myself off of coffee, and the withdrawal from that was like having the flu for a few days, it was super intense too.