Positive momentum

Old 05-23-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Positive momentum

Positive momentum can be found in many ways.

Time spent in nature.

12 step meetings. Al-Anon, Alakid/Alateen, Celebrate Recovery. Open AA, NA, OA meetings.

Tending to my own business. Looking inward at what is churning inside, recognizing it, honoring it and giving these things a healthy voice and outlet.

Being of help to others outside my inner circle, in healthy ways. I at times have learned kindness for self through volunteering to help in many ways -- theatre programs, children's groups, food bank, women's advocacy center. Sometimes in volunteering again and again. Becoming open and willing, then seeing a need and being able to briefly help out, being grateful for the experience and stepping back.

Pausing, stepping back and being simply allowing "a part of" can have a huge positive momentum. I'm neither greater than nor lesser than. There is great healing in this. I've experienced it and had many others guide me in this.

Quiet, restful time to recharge and heal, in supportive, safe environments.

Meditation.

Expanding my mind. Opening to curiosity. Awareness of the positive impact of these things creates more positive momentum along the way.
Old 05-23-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would love to add to this positive momentum here!

I've been listening to wonderful spiritual teachings before bed and falling asleep with their words in my ears. Love the effect this is having as I go about my day allowing new healing data to seed into my subconscious, feeling relaxed, at peace, confident. Last night I cycled into town to meet friends. And tonight I'm seeing another good friend for dinner whom I lost touch with. I enjoy solitude but rediscovering my love for social connections with good friends and attracting more and more lovely people into my life. And I love new work ideas and inspirations flowing to me!

Have a lovely day Mango! xx
Old 05-23-2019, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I listen to Echart Tolle's narration of "The Power of Now" and "A New Earth" pretty much everyday, either on the way to or home from work or both

Have a wonderful, positive, uplifting day both of you!
Old 05-23-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brilliant Hawkeye... !

I'm no longer addicted to my A, but addicted to Eckhart Tolle lol he's the new love of my life. hehe

Have a lovely day too x
Old 05-23-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Right on! Eckhart Tolle helped me so much! I listen to that podcast every day... Made such an impact on my life & healing.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Awesome LifeChange! I'm now listening to "The Joy of Being" ​​​​​​- an audio recording from a retreat he did in Denmark... Just wonderful... I love his laugh, he's got great humour
Old 05-25-2019, 01:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Positive momentum: living in the solution.

Being kind to self and others. There's a strong connection between the way you think and the way you feel. “To love oneself,” wrote Oscar Wilde, “is the beginning of a life-long romance.” As is the tale of every love story, times will bring both sun and storm, testing our deepest intentions on how we relate to ourselves.

Actively enjoying life, even in restful, peaceful moments. "Exercising, relaxing and getting enough rest will help you do better and enjoy life more. Taking good care of yourself is greatly worthwhile."

Create your own good luck, and soak up that of others! "Make a choice. Decide you want to change and start looking for signs that will lead you towards what you want. Take chances, trust your gut, invest in yourself, and start loving yourself enough to allow yourself to truly have what you really want."
Old 06-13-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

I washed dishes, did laundry, allowed extra time for meditation and yoga this morning. Going to the dump this afternoon on the way to an Al-Anon meeting.

This isn't what I had planned for the day. I wanted to "do" so many other busy things. What I have accomplished and made new plans for feels right. Healthy. Positive forward momentum. Trusting the process.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Sweeping off roof valleys and the courtyard outside my "home" recovery community center, I'm listening to this and other upbeat music that speaks to my heart. Good karma, good friends passing by and a beautiful evening.

https://youtu.be/DSoqC6ERnYA