think the kids don't know what's going on??

Old 05-20-2019, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

think the kids don't know what's going on??

children don't have a filter on what makes a good parent vs a bad parent. they are wholly and solely reliant upon the taller people in their lives, the adults. they know intrinsically that their very survival depends upon that figure. and they will without question defend and protect that survival to the best their little short lives equips them to do so.

don't take her away, she's all we have...........

‘She’s all we have:’ Kids plead with Snohomish County deputies not to arrest mother for drugs
POSTED 4:45 PM, MAY 20, 2019, BY Q13 NEWS STAFF, UPDATED AT 05:13PM, MAY 20, 2019

ARLINGTON, Wash. — A 45-year-old woman is behind bars after police allegedly caught her with drugs in a car filled with six kids.

The kids tried to hide the woman’s drugs, police said, and begged them not to take her away. The children are now in the care of Child Protective Services.

The Everett Herald first reported on the story Monday morning.

According to probable cause documents from the Snohomish County Prosecutor’s Office:

A Snohomish County Sheriff’s deputy was on patrol Tuesday morning in a park near the intersection of 84th Street NE and Westlund Road when they noticed a woman in a car smoking from a pipe.

When spotted, the woman yelled at her kids to “get in the car.” The woman started to move the vehicle before all the kids had a chance to shut the doors, deputies said. She sped toward the exit but was blocked by the sheriff’s deputy.

The deputy approached the car and spotted a meth pipe and a bloody syringe in the car. He also spotted six kids in the car, ranging in ages from three to 15. The car was in disrepair, the deputy said, filled with “old trash.” He said the children didn’t look healthy.

“Their eyes looked tired, they were dirty, they looked hungry, and they had scrapes and bruises on most of their bodies,” the deputy said in his report to the prosecutor’s office.

The deputy ordered the woman to get out of the car. When he returned to the car to talk to the kids, many of them had “hid” the drugs in the car, by putting the drugs under their shoes or putting other things on top of the drugs.

The deputy told the children he spotted what they were doing. The kids broke down when confronted.

“Two of the children started crying,” the deputy wrote in their report, “saying, “‘don’t take her away she is all we have.'”

The kids told the deputy the family lives in the car, or their mother sometimes drops them off at a friend’s house. CPS took the children into protective custody.

The woman was arrested. She had multiple warrants, including one for similar circumstances in King County.

The woman was booked into jail under investigation of felony endangerment with a controlled substance and other charges.
Old 05-20-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Heart breaking. And that relationship is their lifeblood as screwed up as it is. How do you find/grow/create another relationship like that but without the drugs.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Kids know. We learn SOMETHING is wrong and find different ways to handle it.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

This breaks my heart.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

This makes me FURIOUS. If she had a warrant for something similar, why were the children given back to her in the first place!!!! The system is so broken!
Old 05-21-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The real innocent victims of alcohol/drug abuse, the children. So very sad.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I protected my mom for many years. I even objected to the intervention that my brother wanted for a long time because I thought she was a good mother.

She tried, but her addiction made her a bad mother much of the time.
I was too young to understand that, and assumed it was my fault.
She made sure to tell my brother and I that it was pretty often, so no surprise there. . .
Old 05-21-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thank you for that hawkeye. i think it's important to separate the actions of the BAD parent and the continued fealty of the child. so many times we read here of the non-alcoholic spouse considering leaving the alcoholic but letting themselves get "stuck" because "child loves their mother/father soooo much" etc. well yes they do, it's part instinct, part survival. but that DOES NOT MEAN that the child knows what is BEST for them. and that as clear-headed adults we must not let the perceived wants of a child run the show.

anyone reading this article would agree that NOT being with meth-smoking mom is for the BEST. unless all you listen to is the voice of the child - don't take her away, she's all we have.
Old 05-21-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Heart breaking.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My mom taught in the public schools, which meant she was a mandated reporter. It was difficult, though, as some children would never admit anything bad going on at home. Home, as awful as it was, seemed a better alternative than the unknown, the foster care system.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Had an incident in my area where an addict mom was found sleeping behind the wheel of a running car. In the backseat was a 3 year old in a car seat. The mom was arrested – DUI and warrants and her mom was given temporary custody of the 3 year old. 10 days later the addict mom was found again behind the wheel of a running car with that same 3 year old in the backseat. The grandmothers illogical defense was that her daughter threatened to use drugs again unless she was given back her child. She said she thought she was helping her daughter stay off of the drugs. That child is now in foster care as the judge is not taking any more chances with family providing the care.