O/T Rough day yesterday

Old 04-26-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

O/T Rough day yesterday

I was woken at about 6:00am in the morning yesterday by a very heavy pounding on my door. I jumped out of bed, threw on a robe and answered the door. There was a State Trooper there, and as I looked outside, there were State Troopers everywhere and Trooper cars and all this other emergency vehicles in the street. The Trooper wanted to know if I had cameras on my house? Then told me that a 4 year old girl that lived across the street from me went missing.

The girl was found and is OK. I was told that the last time she was seen was 7:30 Wednesday night, and I found out the parents called the police at 3:30 am to report her missing. I later found out that the parents said the last time they saw the girl was when they put her to bed, but that they checked on her at 3:00 am and she wasn't there. My street was already blocked off by this time. The girl was found 2.5 miles away from home by someone who spotted the girl on the side of the rode. She was found at 10:00 am. At this point the only place I am getting my information from is the internet. I found out about 10:45am, that she was found at 10:00am, but yet the street is still blocked off, and none of the emergency vehicles left. They had everyone down here from about 3 or 4 different counties, even from Maryland, since I am on the Pa/Md border.

It was like this all day until 3:30pm, even though they had already found her.

I found out later on that she didn't just wander out of the house, she was abducted from the house. The police are thinking that someone the family knew is the one that abducted her.

Today, it was all day long with reporters trying to get neighbors to speak about how they felt. I think they were looking for information on the parents, and I didn't have any information, and I did not give my consent to be interviewed for TV.

I got info from the reporters thought. The child is under the protection of CYS (Child Youth Services) and she won't be coming back home until they have a protection plan for her. I don't know what that means, and I'm not questioning that. I'll wait till the police report is complete.

(((((((((hugs)))))))))))
amy
Old 04-26-2019, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm glad she is safe.

I'm glad you are safe.

Old 04-26-2019, 08:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad she was found safe too.

I'm sure it is so upsetting though, to know that all this terribly dark stuff is happening across the street, whether the parents were involved or not.

I'm glad you were able to get the information from the reporters. At least you can be somewhat comforted by the fact that there isn't some random person in the neighbourhood doing these things and that it is probably someone they know. Little solace I know.

Perhaps some extra self-care tonight will go a long way to making things feel calmer. Some comfort food and a movie perhaps?

Sorry you had to go through this.
Old 04-26-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It was absolutely horrible here yesterday. After I got over the shock of State Police at my front door, and my whole neighborhood full of emergency vehicles, and thinking they were there for me, and what did my crazy daughter do now, then to hear it was because of a missing child, then my mind just went with AJ in Illinois. That was the 5 yr old that was missing, and they just found his body in a shallow grave and he was wrapped in plastic. Needless to say that my panic attacks, and anxiety kicked right in.

I mean like how do you respond even to a question from reporters of how I felt? How I felt, was like thinking about how the parents felt when their child is out there and they don't know if this child is alive or dead, and they know they can't comfort this child, and you don't know if your child would ever be found, and if found, that the child might be found dead. So when the reporters that came here were asking me how I felt, and if I was now locking my doors, I just wanted to scream, why does it matter how I feel? I just wanted to say that I was just so happy that she was found and she was alive, and that it looked like she was not abused or raped. I felt like, why would you be asking me how I felt. That didn't matter to me, it didn't happen to me, the only thing that mattered was that little girl.

I will update when and if they report what happened here. I don't want to speculate on anything. It's just something that I never thought I would see, or go through.

I still have police crime scene tape on my property. I think it was to indicate that they searched here.

Oh, and yes, when I first heard about this and finally found police reports about this which originally said that she was last seen at 7:30pm but not reported missing until 3:30 pm, yes, my mind did go to the parents did this..
Old 04-27-2019, 03:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a crazy world we live in today.

No child should ever be hurt. Thank God
she was found and prayers for her family
and those affected by the senseless murder
of little AJ Freund.

No child should ever have to endure abuse.
None of them.

Gather yourself Amy and stay strong.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How scary and terrible! I am glad the child was found!
Old 04-29-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I do have additional information, but it is all hearsay, so I can't really post that. I don't like to post things that have not been verified. The investigation is still ongoing. There was an attempted burglary in this neighborhood last night, and they are investigating if that has any connection with this. That seems far fetched, but just know all my doors and windows are locked.

(((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
amy
Old 04-29-2019, 08:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Abductions are horrible whether they happen to children or adults. Children get scared when an adult is abducted because they depend on adults to protect them. If an adult can't protect themselves, how can they protect children? Or so my six year old granddaughter told me when an adult she knew was abducted.

Adults fear for the safety of children who are abducted, and for their own family members. It's a nightmare for both.

I'm glad the little one was found, safe and sound. Sometimes they do walk out the door on their own at odd hours, and sometimes they have help. Either way, I'm glad this one is ok.

Are YOU ok, now?

I hope so.
Old 04-29-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

amy….is your dog a barker? If so....that is a good deal. A barking dog is an excellent deterrent and a good alarm system...…
Plenty of outside motion-sensor lights...?
Old 04-30-2019, 11:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

This is the story

https://fox43.com/2019/04/29/state-p...anklin-county/

The information that I couldn't tell yesterday was that I had talked to the mother on Sunday, she came over to me to apologize, I told her there was no need for that, that I was just worried for her daughter and for her. Then she started talking to me about what was going on, and I couldn't post that here.

(((((((hugs))))))
amy

PS- yes, one of my dogs is a very loud barker.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What a sick person. I am so glad she was found alive. They say she was "unhurt" but of course she is hurt emotionally.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I saw the mother outside today after I found out this guy was arrested and was going to go over and talk to her, since she said that she was a loner, but by the time I went out, detectives were there again. She had told me on Sunday that she wasn't even allowed to see her daughter after she was found, that the 4 year old daughter was immediately put under CPS protection. She also told me that her sons were taken and put under CPS protection. Yes, she is poor, yes, the house needs a lot of work, but I have never seen those children with bruises. I never hear yelling from that house. I don't know if she ever got her kids back yet.

I live in a neighborhood that was established perhaps in the 1930's. My house may be the nicest one here, some look like there was never any work done on them. The people here though are all great.

I don't know, I think I have been a nervous wreck this last week with all of this happening. This isn't supposed to happen in your neighborhood.

There is still more to this story here, like how did the child get out of that storage box and make her way to the road? Did she still have tape on her hands and mouth when someone found her?

Yes, physically she was OK, but how did this girl feel about the things happening to her and not to even be able to see her mother and father when she was found? Today is 7 days since this happened, and I don't see anything that her parents did wrong except being poor.

amy
Old 05-01-2019, 12:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Yes it's hard to know what has gone on, more will be revealed probably.

Yes, that was left out of the story. The Mother hears a crying noise, then it just skips to the police having a warrant, no mention of what happens inbetween, I suppose they have to keep some details to themselves.

It is a bit unnerving Amy, but you are safer, he is off the streets and you have dogs and most importantly you keep your doors locked.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've been talking to the mother. I talked to her today. She is a nervous wreck. The things I couldn't put down here are finally in print, so I can share this.

The mother and father never got to see their daughter after the abduction. Not even to comfort her. They CYS (Children Youth Services) also took away their other 2 children. The parents are not allowed any contact at this time.

When I went over to comfort the mother today, she asked me to come into her house. She asked me if it looked deplorable. What can I say? It looked like old beaten up furniture, but it was clean. It looked like someone trying to do the best that they could with what they had. I don't judge people by how their house looks, I judge people by their actions. I didn't see bugs crawling around, I didn't see vermin in the house, it didn't smell. It just looked like someone living in poverty, and as far as I know, that isn't a crime.

I did talk to a reporter today, only because they were just taping me. They didn't print everything that I had to say. They asked me about how I felt with that house being described as deplorable? That kind of set me off. I asked them what does the condition of the outside of a house have to do with anything? The parents didn't own this house, they are renting. I asked how can anyone judge a person by where they live, then I said you know what I think is deplorable? I think it's deplorable that someone would kidnap a child, from a loving family, then take that child to his house, have her lay on the bed next to him, then masturbate in front of her. After this, then put tape on her mouth and hands and lock her in a wooden chest. That to me is deplorable.

I could not say anything to those reporters about knowing the other 2 children were taken away. That was told to me in confidence on Sunday by the mother.

Just know that I didn't go to see the mother today so that I could get the scoop. I am concerned about them, they told me that there are times that they go outside and neighbors who are outside, just go in their house, yet there are a few that come over to her to give her a hug.

amy
Old 05-01-2019, 07:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is good

((((hugs))))

Thank you, Amy. For speaking up, for caring and for being there.
Old 05-01-2019, 07:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes, no one knows yet what is really going on and I think it's so nice that you are there to support her, I'm sure she could really use some friendship right now.
Old 05-02-2019, 06:10 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Yes this ^^^^^

Many hugs!