Any big or small personal wins lately?

Old 04-26-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Any big or small personal wins lately?

Win - allowing myself to feel all emotions.

Win - made tacos with soft corn tortillas, refried beans, spicy seasoned corn, tomatillo salsa and hot sauce.

Win - listened to my body and slowed down today.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Win: took baby steps toward securing my apartment lease today, getting closer to setting a move out date and plan.

Win: just had a peaceful and nice dinner with my youngest son (older son at baseball practice)

Win: I’m sober today!!!!!!!

Thanks for this awesomely uplifting thread!
Old 04-26-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Win: been sewing everyday on a project I love. I have put it off even though I love it and I have been working on it for over a week now. Everyday a little bit.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Win:
One month of no contact today. Feeling more and more like myself again.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

win: joined a choir yesterday. passed the voice test and got given a part to learn
Old 04-27-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Win: a fun day was somewhat thrust upon me. I went to a community clean up; I love these. Then I had lunch, did some yoga and went for a bike ride with a girl friend.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

PerSe, Bekindalways, Angelina and Amaranth, fabulous wins!!!

Win: 85% on a Prometric Certified Professional Food Manager (CPFM) test.

I took a ServSafe class and passed that test more than four years ago.

This time I studied test taking and trusted the good timing in being able to travel to a city in my state for only the test. Woohoo! I had let go of expectations and am excited about the great score. Optimal option vs required action "deep thought" kind of options I simply chose an answer and moved ahead.

Win: I really enjoyed the day traveling across the state and back.

Win: Allowing joy.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Started training for a half marathon. I’m not a runner so it’s been challenging but making progress.

Now logging in 20 to 25 miles a week. I’m just happy that I have been running several times a week for the last few weeks. Feeling more energy too!
Old 05-01-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Piperdream, I’m training for a half marathon too! Did a 10 KM race for the first time last year and am pushing my limits.

My personal win is that yesterday after I got a barrage of email crap from alcoholic ex, I went out and ran it off - did 6.3 miles without stopping, my best yet this year. My training mantra is “I will never regret going for a run”.
Old 05-01-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That’s so awesome, Sasha!!! It’s amazing how much stress I have been holding in and the running helps me manage it so much better. I agree, never regret going for a run.

I kind of having been using my runs to help with anxiety and guilt! I have been no contact with my AH for two weeks and my desire to contact him have decreased or at least, been more manageable.

I am hoping to run a full marathon in a year or two; hopefully the one in Honolulu! Yay!
Old 05-01-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

What a great idea for a post!

I just posted about a "lose", but this reminds me I have many wins.

Just spent the day with some of my colleagues from work brainstorming and it was just fun to be with them.

I cleaned my house recently and feel so much better for the improved order.

I am learning to set boundaries with family so a recent trip to visit them in another state left me feeling grounded and productive.

I've recently changed my diet and lost 4#.

Thanks for the great idea - reminding me to remember the positive!
Old 05-01-2019, 06:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So needed this positive, uplifting thread tonight!

Win: Made it 1 week with no contact.
Win: Visited a close friend tonight... she made homemade vegan pizza for me... we talked, laughed, shed a few tears.
Win: I applied for a new job! Writing the cover letter and updating my resume (after so many years of holding off) honestly made me feel so good about myself and my accomplishments. It was so important to remind myself that... hey, I'm an educated, smart guy
Old 05-02-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Win - tried a new podcast & ended up liking it more than expected!

Win - I've been wanting a quick getaway (preferably laid-back & nature-centric) & have been drooling at the idea of a beach weekend..... but yesterday friends invited the 3 of us to their lake house this weekend & it's just a couple of hours away. A different kind of nature than I "expected" & it's just far enough away without being "too" far.

Win - DD has had a couple of visits with my mom in the last couple of months & keeps unwittingly validating my decision to stay NC with her for my sanity.

Win - lots of little stresses & snags in life every time I turn around (or so it seems) but somehow things keep working out for the best in ways I could never map out or predict.
Old 05-24-2019, 11:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is good

Win: Naturally incorporated into my day some yoga practices I learned from a favorite teacher six months ago.

Win: Accepting today that what I can do is enough.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Mango, I thought of this thread for motivation today. I did a solid hour of yoga by myself. Exercise is just the best for me and so tough to do.

Now I'm off to sew a bit more, text a nephew and get out of the house.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sasha1972 View Post
My training mantra is “I will never regret going for a run”.
....I LOVE this and AM using this!!...but I'll also add: "...never regret going to bed sober."

Old 05-29-2019, 01:06 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I just finished painting my house and garage by hand. It's old cedar siding that rollers just won't work on, so I did it all with 2" brushes. Primer, color coats, trim - the works. Took me 4 months, but I did it and now know that I can do anything if I just stick with it.
Old 04-18-2020, 06:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

Win. Today I'm spring cleaning.

Feels good, with music playing, lightness of heart and allowing much space for prayer and meditation.
Old 04-28-2020, 08:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

Re: Any big or small personal wins lately?

Win:
I'm enjoying this day.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Re: Any big or small personal wins lately?

i was able to actually get on my work campus today, pass the screening and get TO my office to gather some much needed reports to continue to do my job well from home.
last week, i didn't get so far. i answered honestly to the symptoms list regarding sniffles or runny nose, since allergies were bad last week. due to their strict protocols, i was turned away and sent to the drive up testing site. and got to endure the swab ramming event into my eye sockets. and got the results the next day - negative.
so two big wins there - first, by staying HOME and staying as far away from other humans as possible, wearing a face covering in public settings, hygiene, etc, i have kept myself and hank healthy and uninfected. and two, i did get tested and confirmed this. now we just stay in the hovel known as home and wait it out.
i am most fortunate to be able to do my job from home. never mind i've been trying to tell my damn boss that for YEARS! LOL