Hurting

Old 04-21-2019, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hurting

I figured I would not make any contact today with my son... On Christmas I sent him a Merry Christmas text only to be ignored and he was sober then living in a sober living home.
My birthday came and went as well with no effort from him to say Happy Birthday...
So, today as much as it hurt not to reach out, I didn't. I didn't wish him a Happy Easter or make any contact.
He is to go back to work tomorrow after having 2 months off due to relapse and then finally going for a 2 week treatment..
I don't know what he has decided to do going forward.. not sure if he will do IOP again or just stop like in the past and not be accountable to anyone.
I am on edge even though this isn't' my path to walk. I just fear relapse again. He starts out good and then once not accountable to anyone.... well the cycle continues.
I am nervous because of the absence of contact which usually isn't a good sign.
I did read though that during early recovery, they pull away so I am trusting that maybe this is a part of it. It kills me he is alone but that was his choice.
Thanks for listening. Hope you all had a nice day.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HB, i'm sorry you are hurting. i know sticking with No Contact can be like chewing your own arm off. but what if....

instead of assuming and imagining the worst, you imagined your son doing well, thriving, growing and living his life to his own drum beat? what if instead of throwing out negative energy that surrounds you and makes you sad and goes out into the universe, you created positive energy and thoughts?

you don't know for a fact that he returns to work tomorrow.
you don't know for a fact that he is alone.
you don't know for a fact that he is sober, using, or somewhere in between.

but you can imagine him healthy and happy. you can imagine him able to conduct his own life now without your intercession or interference.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prayers to you and your son

addiction sucks
Old 04-22-2019, 06:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending lots of support and hugs friend!