And this is how it ended......Can finally talk about it.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I think you've really done a great job working through tough stuff at lightspeed Glen--give yourself some credit.

That guy is a piece of work and obviously knows how to manipulate like a pro.
Don't feel bad, just accept it all as a lesson learned
Thanks I truly am grateful for the fact I didn't let him in, all down to the work I've done on myself and the learning from people in here.

Lesson truly learned and thanks 😁
Old 04-10-2019, 02:38 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Astro, an SR forum leader, has this signature quote:

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---*WOW-What a ride*!"

I see you taking many good healthy actions, your kindness and light, and a great caring for yourself and others -- which is a wonderfully healthy order to have that in. Caring for self first. Then consciously choosing who else we care for.

Enjoy this being human. I'm glad you're safe, allowing and receiving support, and here with us. May you have much peace, and plenty of great adventures!

Namaste
Thanks Mango. Looking forward to many healthy safe and happy adventures ahead.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

^

Old 04-10-2019, 06:29 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you've decided to report him. Even if it doesn't benefit you, you increase the likelihood that the police will particularly be attentive the next time someone submits a report about him. It just makes it easier for them to put two and two together.

The fact that you eventually kicked him out and want nothing to do with him says loads. You're not second guessing yourself. You're not making excuses for him. I took a look at your old threads just for confirmation and it's clear that you've done the work. Like Hawkeye said, you made a lot of progress. You still have the right to claim that.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
I'm glad that you've decided to report him. Even if it doesn't benefit you, you increase the likelihood that the police will particularly be attentive the next time someone submits a report about him. It just makes it easier for them to put two and two together.

The fact that you eventually kicked him out and want nothing to do with him says loads. You're not second guessing yourself. You're not making excuses for him. I took a look at your old threads just for confirmation and it's clear that you've done the work. Like Hawkeye said, you made a lot of progress. You still have the right to claim that.
Thanks, I think without the work my life would be hell right now. No excuses, no second guessing. Anyone that puts their hands on me is scum of the Earth and it's over.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

In my all my rambling I forgot to say - I'm glad you are ok!

I'm glad it wasn't worse and you were able to get him out of your place (and when I say "worse" I am not down-playing - I actually gasped out-loud when I read your original post on this).
Old 04-11-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

You have nothing to be ashamed of. Please get a restraining order against that abusive POS and stay safe.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:10 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
In my all my rambling I forgot to say - I'm glad you are ok!

I'm glad it wasn't worse and you were able to get him out of your place (and when I say "worse" I am not down-playing - I actually gasped out-loud when I read your original post on this).
Thanks Trailmix, I'm doing ok. Had a lovely night at cinema tonight with a healthy friend and it's my intention to be around healthy people in my future. A simple thing like 2 people enjoying each other's company watching a film and sharing jokes is heaven really compared to the drama that some people bring and that we can choose also.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:11 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leelee168 View Post
You have nothing to be ashamed of. Please get a restraining order against that abusive POS and stay safe.
Thanks Leelee. I hid it for the first few days/weeks but the more I talk about it and not hide it the better I feel. Shame makes it worse. I did nothing wrong.
Old 04-12-2019, 04:30 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Thanks Leelee. I hid it for the first few days/weeks but the more I talk about it and not hide it the better I feel. Shame makes it worse. I did nothing wrong.
You really didn’t do anything wrong at all. They blame you and do their best to make you think everything was your fault. When you hear it enough...you start to believe it. It’s actually part of a cycle that they use and it does absolutely keep you hooked.

I am so glad that talking about it makes you feel better. It’s tough to keep that kind of a secret; it eats away at you. I wish you continued peace. Please stay safe.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

So sorry Glenjo, but thank you for have the courage and strength to share this story with us. Hopefully it will act as a warning to others. Take care of yourself. Hugs
Old 04-15-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Givenup2018 View Post
So sorry Glenjo, but thank you for have the courage and strength to share this story with us. Hopefully it will act as a warning to others. Take care of yourself. Hugs
Thanks appreciate that.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needabreak View Post
btw This reminds me of something that Anvilhead likes to write: "how do you know if someone is still in active addiction? Just say "no" to them and see how they respond."
Oh my God! That is brilliant. When my Q tried to get back with me and I said no (to his drinking)...he flipped!!! Denial, deflect, blame...it was so bizarre to watch. This is soooo true!
Old 06-11-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Milano58 View Post
Oh my God! That is brilliant. When my Q tried to get back with me and I said no (to his drinking)...he flipped!!! Denial, deflect, blame...it was so bizarre to watch. This is soooo true!
It's so true. The real them is revealed then!