Is this serenity...???

Old 03-31-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Is this serenity...???

I do need to change my login name to this sight! As was recently suggested.
I have moved my camper (which is mine under the marital settlement agreement) to a campground up north. That will be my and my doggies’ get away from the world place where I have an amazing support system and great friends.
I made an offer on a house today, where I will have neighbors (so excited about that!) and she countered and I accepted the counter! Ha! I am about to become a single woman who has her own house, and a summer getaway! I am still a married woman and I will remain faithful to that. I cannot fathom the idea of letting anyone into my life at this point, so I believe there is A LOT of wisdom in the advice given so much in this forum to not worry about dating! Get your own sh!t together first!
Last April I would never have dreamed I would’ve come so far! I signed away my existing house to my AH (recovering 1+ years sober) who really wanted the house and I know he loves this house so cooperated in every way I could to ensure he was able to buy me out.
I am at a place that I do not wish him ill will! I want him to succeed but not at my detriment.
I am free to live my own life and not base it on his actions. Just live my life and let him live his.
Is this serenity? I don’t think I am quite there yet but I am working my a$$ off to find it, and be at peace with ME!
I am also reminding myself to be grateful, to have the ability and strength to follow my higher power into action and making my life what I want it to be rather than what everyone thinks it should be!
I am strong and I can feel my strength in my everyday decisions and just my general attitude.
Yes, I took my power back and started listening to my higher power!
Peace and strength to all that are still unsure! You have it in you, trust in yourself and your higher power!
Old 03-31-2019, 03:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Congratulations!! May your new places be blessed with fun, laughter, hope, healing and luxurious comfort, in many ways.
Old 03-31-2019, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you so much mango! Without this site, al anon, therapy, great friends I never would’ve found this place I am at right now.
I am still terrified, but I am taking my own advice I always gave my step children... the only way to fail, is not to try. So I am here trying..., praying, and hoping! 😁
Old 03-31-2019, 11:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know if it's serenity or not but it actually all sounds pretty fun and exciting!

I'm glad to hear so many things are working out for you ST. Congratulations on the new home and your get-away.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What a lovely post. I am so happy for you. Thank you for sharing and giving me hope
Old 04-01-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love this so much! I am a single woman. I own my own house, and it brings me a lot of joy and pride in myself that I make that work.

Enjoy every moment, and congratulations!
Old 04-01-2019, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone!
Old 04-02-2019, 04:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You have taken some very big steps to get to serenity. I really admire your courage.