It would be funny except it's not

Old 03-29-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It would be funny except it's not

Ex is at it again. My lawyer just received a letter from his lawyer. Among other things, ex claims that I am conspiring with his second ex-wife to kill him by sabotaging his car. Apparently I have been sending her pictures of his car and license plate so she can identify his vehicle and slash his tires. This is her second effort to kill him by sabotaging his car.

This is nonsense - I have not sent X2 pictures of ex's car, and I am completely sure she is not trying to kill him. I suspect the alcoholic logic goes: ex found his car with tires slashed. He can't remember what happened. So his brain fills in the missing spaces with the people who feature in his rage-obsessed delusions, his two ex-wives. And of course because we are equally obsessed with him, we will have been spending the past couple of years thinking up ways to sabotage him.

What I suspect really happened: ex is a road-rage driver, especially when he's drunk/high, and he lives right off a major thoroughfare. I suspect he cut somebody off or otherwise aggravated them in his flashy rich-guy sports car, who followed him a couple of blocks and did something to his car after he parked it on the street. (We live in a pretty Dukes-of-Hazzard area, this kind of thing is not uncommon).

So, more crap to try to ignore. (Ex has lost his visits with Kid for another six weeks after failing to submit SoberLink tests on time, so he's worked up about that too).
Old 03-29-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am so sorry. This sounds absolutely insane but my AH's ex is extremely high conflict and we've dealt with this kind of stupid stuff. She swears we planted a camera in her house and were spying on her. *sigh* if only I had that kind of time.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I kind of feel sorry for his lawyer! For having to write letters about nonsense like that!

I always have a hard time with posts like these because my husband is supposedly sober now, but he also does the whole paranoid dance. If I give him food, he asks if I poisoned it (he's "joking" when he's asking). He kind of monitors my drinking--I had a La Croix on the table while my son was facetiming him and he kept ask my son "does mama have a beer?" until I had to pipe up and say that it was sparkling water. He told me he's worried that I'm going to go nuts and develop a shopping addiction.

He ACTUALLY had spy cameras in the house to watch me! haha! He said they were to "watch our son" but later admitted he used them a couple times to see where I was so he could go sneak out and smoke a cigarette.
Old 03-29-2019, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm not saying this to be funny, but from all the stories you've told about your husband, I think he should be committed. I mean, seriously. Is that an option? He does not seem to have his wits about him. Accusing you of attempted murder? At best, that's slander; at worst, it's paranoid schizophrenia.
Old 03-29-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He's been in a psychiatric ward on a short-term hold (being "sectioned") in the past, but until he harms himself or someone else, it's not against the law to be crazy. He is on long-term disability for psychiatric issues, probably never going back to work. I can't tell whether the addiction or the mental illness is primary. I will say that I think he is his best self around Kid - he can keep it together for a few hours when has has a visit.

He has one brother who is severely disabled by schizophrenia (spent adult life in residential care), a sister who is agoraphobic to the point where she hasn't left her house in a few years, and another one who is intermittently suicidal. His father was briefly hospitalized for psychotic breaks as a young man in the 1960s. And alcoholism throughout (both parents, both sisters - one has no kids, the other has two with FAS). So it's the full trainwreck.

This is one of the reason why I had to leave the marriage. I was slowly realizing that if Kid was going to have any chance at escaping that legacy, she had to grow up in an environment that didn't have people passing out in front of the TV or yelling at the furniture.