Inspire me.... what's NEW in your life?

Old 03-10-2019, 07:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Life is good

Flowers.

Really, Universe?

It took glass flowers in paperweights, flowering plants and flower canvas wall art I don't like yet had a strong gut instinct to buy (weird in itself) and then a good meditation to bring awareness of many other good ways flowers have been a part of my life lately.

Three ways this is striking me:

Spring is coming.

Happiness. Being content with life.

Good times ahead.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:09 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Life is good

Something I wrote almost two years ago, saved in Google Docs:

"Make a commitment to let light be shown on all areas of my life. Enjoy the flowers of life. They are abundant. It’s up to me to look for them and recognize them."
Old 03-11-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm returning the artwork today. I now realize the flowers in it are a type that are very poisonous. I have a deeper awareness of it representing narcissists (my FOO).

FireSprite, how are you doing today?
Old 03-11-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I started swimming lessons in an outdoor pool even when it’s snowing. I love it, and it’s been good for my self esteem because I’m sharing some drills that I learned years ago with new swimmers that are really helping the class and the instructor is gracious and grateful. My goals are to walk, run, or swim daily, practice positive communication, and avoid being with my loved one when he’s drinking. Feeling much better lately
Old 03-12-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was kind of forced into this situation, but I'm now in a new house (a little rental) and FREE from being under the thumb/control of my ex and his crazy mother. They have no power over me anymore.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Life is good

I transplanted primroses this evening with plans to gift them to a family member who is dear to me. Afterwards I was inspired to learn more about these bright, beautiful plants. I found these flowers when I recently took a day trip to the town this woman lived in when she was a child.

All About the Primrose

The primrose flower is a highly versatile thing of beauty, and is in fact an edible plant, and has been reported to taste like lettuce. It is regularly found in foods and drinks (such as herbal teas) and can also be used in arrangements due to its prettiness. It is more commonly referred to as the English Primrose and has the connotation of something special, telling somebody you can’t live without them.

No coincidence, these flowers are speaking to my heart.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life is good

Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TropicalWinter View Post
I was kind of forced into this situation, but I'm now in a new house (a little rental) and FREE from being under the thumb/control of my ex and his crazy mother. They have no power over me anymore.
Woohoo for your freedom!!

I'm good Mango, thanks for asking.

Baby steps, but I'm reading about podcasting to get a sense of the technology & process of doing it legit because the idea keeps developing more as I've been journaling & re-reading my own "story". It feels like a really good fit for me; it feels "right" somehow.

My best friend found me a beautiful used solid wood armoire for my walk-in closet & it's been fun arranging all my stuff & getting rid of the old furniture this replaces.

My boss came across a great deal on a used inversion table & picked it up for me - we set it up last night & it'll be a great way to add to my yoga..... I have a lot of fear about doing inversions so this might just help me conquer that.

I keep lol at all the yard stuff I'm doing - if you knew me IRL, you'd understand how COMPLETELY NEW that is for me all around in life, even though I've been talking about it here a lot over this last year. My out of state BFF laughs every time I talk about being out battling the bugs & the heat & the sweat.... she remembers a time I laughed out loud at anyone dare suggesting that I get my hands into the earth & get dirty by choice.

Vacation planning is developing too - we decided we might try hitting up some theme parks with DD before she goes overseas, plus the long weekend bike excursions while she's gone. My boss is making her travel plans soon which will let me know what dates I'm working with for my girl's weekend with my friends at the beach. (Only 1 of us is out of the office at a time & she goes for 4-6 wks)

I'm working on my Fear around new things too - I know I struggle with perfectionism/fear of failure stuff as an ACOA, but this is all showing me a deeper piece..... how irrationally scared I am to pursue something new & risk what I already have falling apart if I'm not actively managing it.

Who just said that.... it cannot be me??? That's such a codie-control thing to feel.
Old 03-16-2019, 05:18 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Made a four later cake with DD. She has a nack for decorating. The top layer cupcakes frosted into a shamrock.
Old 03-16-2019, 07:12 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

i moved from way up north to florida for a new start and celebrate recovery is out here. I attend planet fitness, walk 3 miles a day, and got involved in a local church. Work is everywhere.....but they want tou to start on demand like I have a private jet to show the same day. Im focusing on my online fashion boutique, i shower daily, and im no longer in my temprary coffin i spent summer 18. I have a therapist out here im staying on my side of the street and keep on keepin on. I'm making amends with anyone I went off on. Hurt people hurt people and I was not so nice to innocent people on this forum. We are all here with one common theme how alcoholics have hurt us deeply. Transitioning is not easy, i sold it all, and i keep my faith. I now realize active alcoholics who don't seek help are killing themselves and they are incapable of love something I could not fathom in summer 18. If i caused you or anyone grief I sincerely apologize, Im staying on my side of the street. Once again I apologize for ever being pompous and having extreme anger as it was so new and raw and something I never dealt with before. just typing that makes me feel better
Old 03-16-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

i can sleep again without worrying about someone that is not concerned about me and eat 3 meals. Gained 10 lbs. the healthy way was fading away last summer and im happy my appetite came back. I still have healing and tons pf work to do but in Aug nothing was getting accomplished.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite
2-28-19: I'm toying with the idea of starting my own podcast......
Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
3/14/19: Baby steps, but I'm reading about podcasting to get a sense of the technology & process of doing it legit because the idea keeps developing more as I've been journaling & re-reading my own "story". It feels like a really good fit for me; it feels "right" somehow.

It's in the very earliest stages of Possible, but an opportunity may have just shown up that is going to pave the way for this podcasting idea to become a reality and a piece of a much larger, much more impactful , globally minded project. AND I'd get to work with my BFF.

I don't want to jinx it, but I DO want to acknowledge it because sometimes we forget to embrace the small signs of positivity we get along our path. Yes, it can fall apart before it ever starts but it's still exciting & I'm hopeful!

Now............
Old 05-06-2019, 09:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I have been adding in new types of fitness classes to my weekly routine. Having great fun with them.

Also started going to Car Boot sales. Never done that before. I love beautiful china and crockery. Get some fantastic pieces at Boot sales. As well as jigsaws, which I love doing. All for amazingly cheap prices.

Just got into box sets on Netflix.

Lovely thread, Mango.
Old 05-06-2019, 09:31 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Life is good

FireSprite,

That sounds wonderful! Sending good vibes your way.

PeacefulWaters, beautiful!

Thread started by FireSprite. I simply had the first post on this page.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post

Thread started by FireSprite. I simply had the first post on this page.
Thanks, Mango. Sorry I got muddled.

Thank you FireSprite for this thread.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:09 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Life is good

Lol! Good things can come from muddled/muddied waters. I'm in deep with some good new things in my life and glad to embrace a somewhat muddled day. From my experience, it simply becomes a resting spot before more clarity.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Lol! Good things can come from muddled/muddied waters. I'm in deep with some good new things in my life and glad to embrace a somewhat muddled day. From my experience, it simply becomes a resting spot before more clarity.
Haha, I was saying exactly that to my sponsor earlier today. Things always get cloudy and messy just before a breakthrough, painful too quite often. Then suddenly it clears and clarity shines in.

Glad to be on this journey with you, Mango.
Old 05-07-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
It's in the very earliest stages of Possible, but an opportunity may have just shown up that is going to pave the way for this podcasting idea to become a reality and a piece of a much larger, much more impactful , globally minded project. AND I'd get to work with my BFF.

I don't want to jinx it, but I DO want to acknowledge it because sometimes we forget to embrace the small signs of positivity we get along our path. Yes, it can fall apart before it ever starts but it's still exciting & I'm hopeful!

Now............
That is exciting! I'm really intrigued by podcasts and how unique and creative they are, and how they are possibly the last corner of the internet that hasn't been captured and turned into a commodity. I've even kinds of wished I did one of my own - because I firmly believe everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Keep us posted on how this plan develops!
Old 05-04-2020, 10:08 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Living in the moment

FireSprite, did the podcast project move ahead?