Update - the big ask

Old 02-22-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update - the big ask

So the trial is over and the judge gave me 63% of the assets except there were a ton of math mistakes, (it was the judges first high asset case) So now we wait for the corrections to be made, or file an appeal. EXAH still as nasty as ever. Actually testified that I should get nothing because of the way he had been treated. WOW. Know one showed up in court for him, he has no-one. He was beet red in the court and actually had a DVT a week before trial, I found out because the insurance contacted me. He's going to die from this disease because of his denial. It makes me so sad for our children, he's so sick and they see it. I am completely at peace with my decision to divorce. Its amazing to me that this man claims to be "a wonderful person". His behavior forced our daughter and me out of the home for safety, got into a drunk driving accident with our son, was dating, paying strippers, and gambling all while "working on himself and the marriage", has physically intimidated me and my sister, grabbed me and held me against my will, but is such a "great husband & father". He spent so much college money on booze and entertainment for himself. But claims to do everything for his family. There is nothing left but a shell, I am unsure if I fell in love with the person or the mask but it doesn't matter anymore because there is only one thing that is left and its the alcoholic. Most likely our daughter won't have a dad to walk her down the isle, and our son won't have a dad to ask life advice from when he starts his own family. There is a time table with this disease and time is drawing near. Im actually a little bit numb at this point, for myself but heartbroken for my children. I am doing fine just waiting in limbo land, but peaceful. Please continue to pray for me and the kiddos.
Old 02-22-2019, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dawn, your kids have you. You are more than enough for them.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Dawn your perspective is amazing. Keep faith. Praying for you and your family
Old 02-22-2019, 07:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So sorry Dawn but you are out and your kids have you.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

We might know but we never really know.

Letting go of perceptions of what is going to happen to the alcoholic is very psychologically and emotionally healthy for ourselves and our kids.

A professional addition counselor I know from a recovery center was previously at many rock bottoms that kept going deeper. He relapsed many times after having periods of recovery. He now has more than a decade of helping others through his experiences, is a youth pastor and someone I'm very happy to have had in my family's life. That doesn't mean so-and-so will get there. It does give one example of many miracles I see of people who make it to recovery.

Good luck, dawnrising. We're stronger than we realize and life gets better as we have space to enjoy it.