kinda jittery today

Old 01-04-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

kinda jittery today

I'm kinda jittery. AH had his paycheck deposited in our account. YAY I got to pay bills. LOL

He has access to money. While I can't control whether or not he drinks, he's home alone with my youngest. Oldest is at work. I'm at work. This makes me nervous, I don't want to be and part of me feels bad because I could very well go home and he will be sober. Today is 31 days and I hate that I know that. I'm trying so hard not to think about it. I've tried stream of consciousness out loud. I've tried listening to music. I've tried praying. I can't focus on work. UGH
Old 01-04-2019, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've been there. I get it.

(((hugs)))
Old 01-04-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Three things that have helped a lot when I've hit that wall:

Grounding - "Grounding is a similar concept to centering. The Center is expansive, including your body as well as your mind, heart, and spirit. Once you learn how to ground yourself, it's easier to find your Center. Grounding techniques are designed to redistribute the energy from your head or mind into your body"
https://chopra.com/articles/groundin...ts-of-earthing

I started holding onto a tree branch, hugging a tree, going barefoot often, etc. and I was noticing a difference. I've developed a great sense of humor about this now. Easy, no-cost, earth therapy!

Leaving work when I couldn't stay. One day when I couldn't get my mind off what might have been happening at home, I asked to leave early. I don't regret that. I honored the stress I was under in a new way.

I started calling numbers on my Al-anon phone list, leaving messages, being honest, letting people in my home group know what was going on with me and thanking them for being there. Speaking this out loud in a new very constructive way was huge.

Take what you like and leave the rest.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Five deep breaths, concentrating only on your body. Can be done anywhere. My go to when craving alcohol and it never failed to work.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
I've been there. I get it.

(((hugs)))
Thank you! ((HUGS))

I just talked to him and now I feel horrible because he's definitely sober. He called to find out what I wanted for dinner so he can have it ready when I get home. I just texted my boss and told her I'm going to come in a little later tomorrow than usual because I need a meeting between the holiday and the stupid weather I haven't made it to any meetings this week.
Old 01-07-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't feel badly.

It takes a LONG time to reestablish trust. I am sure he understands that, and if not, he is not in recovery.

Big hugs!
Old 01-09-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Maybe say to yourself (mantra), "I'm not going to worry about him drinking/falling off the wagon TODAY. If it does happen, I'll deal with it then. Otherwise, I'm living my life, one day at a time."
Old 02-13-2019, 05:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi alwayscovering,

How are you doing today?