Never give up

Old 01-31-2019, 09:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Never give up

Asking the question tonight of, Why?

I'm getting stronger. I'm finding joy. I'm sick of pain, hurt and waves of tears. I've been reminded lately this is a marathon, not a short sprint. Good nourishment, learning to relax, put down stress, breath deep and have supportive, healthy connections are needed. One day at a time.

Breaking points lead to breakthroughs. I'm not alone. Other people have been through similar things and come out the other side.

I found this:

Why do people go through hard times?

"If you are going through a hard time, something’s great is coming up on your way. Just remember NEVER GIVEUP.

If you are having a hard time this means that life is preparing you for something you have never dreamt of, something which you could never think of and something which would change your world and make it amazing. You don't understand the value of good times until and unless you have suffered something bad before , this makes the joy of good times to multiply, this helps you find happiness in small things and also prepare yourself for the challenges that you got to face later in your journey to success.

All the Best. NEVER EVER GIVEUP."
Old 01-31-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

An aspect of crying I hadn't considered:

"Crying may be one of your best mechanisms to self-soothe. Researchers have found that crying activates the parasympathetic nervous system (PNS). The PNS helps your body rest and digest. The benefits aren’t immediate, however. It may take several minutes of shedding tears before you feel the soothing effects of crying."
Old 01-31-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I needed this today, thanks Mango.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Mango,

You know, sometimes I deliberately watch or listen to things that make me cry, because I know I need to. Having a good cry really helps sometimes.

One thing I have come to realise, is that the saying of everything happening for a reason, is very true for me. In some cases, I've waited years and years to be shown the reason, but there is always one. We go through pain and suffering and we learn. We learn more about ourselves, we learn more about what we will and won't accept, we learn more about our flaws and how they affect our lives. Most importantly, we learn to pass on what we have learned, to those that need it. A family member. A friend. A colleague. A stranger even that you get speaking to. And of course, online.

Such a wealth of knowledge ad experience comes from the bad stuff as much as the good.

It helps me to remind myself of that.
Old 02-10-2019, 08:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Mango. I love this part of your post:

Breaking points lead to breakthroughs. I'm not alone. Other people have been through similar things and come out the other side.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi clarity, you're welcome!

From a member's signature line:

"I always get to where I am going by walking away from where I've been."

- Winnie the Pooh

Wise words, Pooh bear!
Old 02-12-2019, 01:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

You made Winnie a very happy Pooh Bear, Mango!
Old 02-12-2019, 03:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you for the quote, ChloeRose.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Today my prayers are for playfulness, creativity and imagination.

My sponsor in Al-Anon encouraged these things and I've found them to be huge in allowing perceptions, feelings and circumstances to be changed.