Self-care Tuesday- good vibe thread

Old 01-22-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Self-care Tuesday- good vibe thread

Good vibes, please! Post up your self care if you like. I'm allowing ease, relaxation, energy, self-confidence and joy to resonate through this day.

Tomorrow I have a CPS appointment where I'll be signing paperwork with lies on it. I'm allowing Good Obvious Direction and path of least resistance to show me the way, moving ahead with this procedure, allowing others their viewpoints with peacefulness and allowing God/Great Spirit/Universe to hold my truth for me.

Today in meditation I had an awareness of being much stronger than I ever knew.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm taking a few days off from sugars/sweets. I do this periodically when I start to notice that food just isn't appealing to me at all. My taste buds get dull from overstimulation I think, lol. I still eat fruits & other natural sugars, but I cut all the "extras".

I need to do a full detox but I am still not quite up to it - I'm going to wait a few more weeks & reassess.

I started listening to the TED Radio Hour podcast on Spotify over the weekend & I like the way they blend like-kind talks into themed episodes with background discussion from the original presenters. I've made what I think are pretty good strides emotionally in my recovery over the last couple of weeks & I have been reaching out for new resources.

Why are you signing off on lies Mango? Is that in the interest of self-care somehow? I think I'm confused, lol.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

It's the most expedient way through things. Silence seems to be a very useful tool.

My lawyer pointed out that with this comes a timeline and support from the judge in ensuring things proceed.

There is now a date in late February for a family meeting and it's on record. I was originally told this would take place before Thanksgiving. One day at a time. Positive forward momentum is now in play!

I'm praying to see humor, goodness and clarity.

Detoxing my life in a new way! There are some toxins that I'll encounter. How I deal with them can take many paths.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bulletproof coffee, lifting light weights, gave myself a foot massage, went for a short run and now following my instincts today.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

I called one of my DV help center contacts today and talked in person with a victims advocate counselor.

When this feels like a surreal situation, I get back to back to center, balance and being in the moment. God/Great Spirit signs and extra comfort and support in my life as I need it.

I'm writing several focus wheels tonight.
Old 01-23-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What's a focus wheels Mango?

I'm glad you are getting extra support right now.
Eventually, this will get sorted out, but in the middle it can feel a long road.
Old 01-23-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Things are going very well today. The extra support I've been getting is ultra appreciated!

One day at a time.

Focus wheel: draw a circle and outside of it put any emotions or things that aren't helpful or wanted. In the center, put the other end of that same subject.

Example: Hunger >> Satisfied

I'm on my way to an evening focus group across the state. I'm thankful for beautiful snowstorms, meeting great people along the way, deep snow, music on the radio and a really great cup of coffee.

#forwardpositivemomentum
Old 01-23-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

btw - paperwork signed, victim's advocate was with me and very helpful. My next appointment with this CPS agent there is no advocate available for, and no other appointment available that week. (in 2 weeks - biweekly appts now)

I trust this will get worked out, also.

#thankyougod
#healingconnections
Old 01-23-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

why did you need a domestic violence advocate to meet with a CPS agent? was there a physical altercation or threats of bodily harm?
Old 01-23-2019, 06:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Emotional abuse is abuse.

Victims advocates sometimes offer a wide range of services. Reaching out for support and making use of available services can be a really good part of recovery.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm going to try the focus wheel this weekend--thanks for sharing.

Glad your meeting went well, and that you are enjoying the snow
Old 01-24-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thanks, Hawkeye!

I had an appointment this morning to have my tires rotated and balanced. They were speedy, friendly and it was a great way to start out a beautiful, snowy day.

'Focus' keeps coming up for me in every way lately. Allowing clarity, focus and enjoyment of life.

Strangely enough, the thought and a quickly following conversation about curses came up yesterday evening. Sudden, consistent issues and difficulties I've been dealing with.

I bought a new white pillar candle and long fireplace matches, said prayers of release and hope last night and am extremely grateful for a time with a Native American woman. Reminders and new views of smudging, blessings, connections in life.

Good nutrients in all ways. Embracing life experiences beyond me.
Old 02-07-2019, 09:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

Gratitude: Acceptance of the truth or existence of something.

Lately I've been saying, "Thank you, God! I see that."

A hawk. An eagle. Parking in an unexpected location and having a conversation with a person parked close by. Good things happening in my life. Giving them verbal acknowledgement and enjoying them fully.

My solo appointment with the case CPS agent was bookended by much support all around me. I have more information about the family appointment in 2 weeks. DS12 will not be there. It's for concerned parties and extended family members have been invited by CPS. Considering this agent has been in direct, close contact with my parents, it's a possibility they may be there. I've kept No Contact through all of this. It's been a wonderful gift.

The original date of the complaint CPS received was recently given to me from my lawyer. It was the date my mother came to cause problems in person. No coincidence in receiving this information or the timing of it.

"God, Great Spirit, Thank you. I see this."

God's timing. I trust this.

After meditating yesterday, I went over a list of bulletpoints of "when you know you've recovered from narcissistic abuse". I'm progressing.

All this is far beyond me. I'm taking this one step at a time. One day at a time. Thoroughly enjoying good foods, healthy connections, support showing up all around me in many, many ways.

#lifeisgood
#healingactions
Old 02-07-2019, 10:10 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is good

Behaviors that unmask narcissists:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...sk-narcissists

I relate.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Behaviors that unmask narcissists:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...sk-narcissists

I relate.
I read this then carried on to read more from Craig Malkin - really interesting Mango, thanks.