Codependency can be a gift

Old 01-22-2019, 01:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Codependency can be a gift

"We decided that sooner or later you had to learn to live without almost everybody, at least for a while. Even people you didn't think you could live without."

I read this quote this morning from Melody Beattie and it really spoke to me. It reflects what has been happening in my life over the last couple of years.

Sometimes when we are trying to work things out, deal with issues or just deal with pain, we step back, particularly with codependency, in order to deal with it

I feel that's what I have been doing. Learning to live without other people and focus on me. Focusing on the fact that I am enough. It's almost like a reboot of my life and when I'm ready I can partake more fully. I have already taken steps to partake slowly, but these are gradual, tentative steps.

My intention, is to believe in myself, to believe I am good enough, I am loveable, I am worthy. This is an ongoing process but if I don't love me how can anyone else

We Are Lovable
Even if the most important person in your world rejects you, you are still real, and you are still okay. —Codependent No More
Old 01-22-2019, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

My intention, is to believe in myself, to believe I am good enough, I am loveable, I am worthy.

Old 01-22-2019, 07:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great post Glenjo. My qualifier was so so necessary to making me feel okay and this in and of itself was not okay. Also I realized how much this was my own problem that had nothing to do with him.
Old 01-23-2019, 12:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Great post Glenjo. My qualifier was so so necessary to making me feel okay and this in and of itself was not okay. Also I realized how much this was my own problem that had nothing to do with him.
It's actually life changing when the penny finally drops that it is our own stuff that draws us to the addicts in our lives.