OT: early dementia, landlord

Old 01-15-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

OT: early dementia, landlord

More is always revealed. Now it's becoming apparent my landlord has some kind of early dementia.

I'm glad I've gained skills in dealing with different situations. When I've needed to be in contact with him, things are improving. He very kindly invites me in. I say "No." and stick to it. I ask him how things are going on his house, as he has a bit of changes going on and many workers coming and going. I keep it brief, shake his hand and say goodbye.

I met him 7 years ago and things were different then. He's a very knowledgeable, interesting person. Many blessings for him and his family.

It's become easier to not take his mood swings and mini-rants personally. Now, with becoming aware of this, I'm more okay with being here. If anyone has experiences and warnings for me, I'm open to hearing them. I'm planning on being here less than a year.

Ted Turner has been a past neighbor and our experiences with him were good. With him having Lewy body dementia now, this is giving me a different point of reference in holding kindness for my landlord without being involved.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Help!

Does anyone have experience dealing with someone with dementia?

My landlord is parked in the middle of the lane. He did this another time when he said he was waiting for some workers to arrive, yet none of that made sense and he was difficult that day.

I'm going to pause and delay my trip to town.

Any input?
Old 01-16-2019, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm changing my plans and going for a drive. The lane is clear. My emotions are muddy.

One day at a time.

#healingactions