Thank you.

Old 01-04-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you.

I just want to say, Thank you from the bottom of my heart for to every one of you who have taken the time over the last year or so to comment, reply and challenge my many posts. I will be forever grateful to the huge help I have received in here, it has given me the time I needed to hear, listen and process what was going on for me. I would have gone under in many ways without being able to check in here and ask for help. And you replied. Thank you so much. Today I feel I have got that monkey off my back. Those of you who know me know who I mean. I may still require your advise and help but I haven't felt so positive for a long long time. I deserve so much better, I've seen behind the mask and it's ugly. I deserve better. Again thanks for listening to my many many posts and still replying when I know at times you would have felt otherwise. I love this forum.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

Change in focus is powerful. So is allowing time for past and present stuff to release.

Namaste
Old 01-04-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Change in focus is powerful. So is allowing time for past and present stuff to release.

Namaste
Yes Mango. Love your a Hicks quotes and positivity. Thank you.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Well done Glenjo - painful as it's been you've really 'learned a valuable lesson' as they say on Southpark.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Well done Glenjo - painful as it's been you've really 'learned a valuable lesson' as they say on Southpark.
I really have. I feel like if he offered me a million dollars id say go for f$#k yourself. Pardon my language. I really don't want him anymore. It was an illusion. But not to get sidetracked thanks to everyone here. That said I've learned enough to know I may ask for your help/advise in other ways. He doesn't get to have any of me anymore. I'm special x
Old 01-04-2019, 05:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

You're welcome. You give a lot of good to us, also!

Unconditional happiness and recognizing alignment:

https://youtu.be/gYNCs3j_o2w
Old 01-04-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're welcome. You give a lot of good to us, also!

Unconditional happiness and recognizing alignment:

https://youtu.be/gYNCs3j_o2w
Thank you mango I'll stick around. It's a process 😉
Old 01-04-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
I really have. I feel like if he offered me a million dollars id say go for f$#k yourself. Pardon my language. I really don't want him anymore. It was an illusion. But not to get sidetracked thanks to everyone here. That said I've learned enough to know I may ask for your help/advise in other ways. He doesn't get to have any of me anymore. I'm special x
Yay! Good! That’s the spirit!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Is it ok to say I see a day I might not be checking in so much? I won't lie, been heightened by fact I went on a date. Lovely time. He asked me questions!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Is it ok to say I see a day I might not be checking in so much? I won't lie, been heightened by fact I went on a date. Lovely time. He asked me questions!!!!!!
No, it's not ok, get back in the codie-bus!

Seriously though Glenjo, by posting here, by honestly sharing what you have been going through you have helped many no doubt, including people who read here but don't post (come on out folks, we don't bite - much).

Also, reading others experiences helps us all (although I'm only speaking for myself of course) to learn, to see other points of view, to see how people deal with things and how we all have varying perspectives and maybe somewhat different ways of coping.

I'm so glad you are out of his clutches but I do hope you will stick around and keep posting, your knowledge is really valuable.
Old 01-04-2019, 08:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Up

Seriously though Glenjo, by posting here, by honestly sharing what you have been going through you have helped many no doubt, including people who read here but don't post (come on out folks, we don't bite - much). Been on a second date tonight, I know it's Codependent but I haven't thought about di@$ you know who

Also, reading others experiences helps us all (although I'm only speaking for myself of course) to learn, to see other points of view, to see how people deal with things and how we all have varying perspectives and maybe somewhat different ways of coping.

I'm so glad you are out of his clutches but I do hope you will stick around and keep posting, your knowledge is really valuable.
Thank you Trailmix. I'm not out of the mire but I hate him. Thank you most of all you are such a lovely person
Old 01-04-2019, 08:42 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

😍
Old 01-04-2019, 09:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post

Seriously though Glenjo, by posting here, by honestly sharing what you have been going through you have helped many no doubt, including people who read here but don't post (come on out folks, we don't bite - much).

I'll stick around x
Old 01-04-2019, 10:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats again Glenjo for ending this tough situation.

I do hope you will check in and also keep going to alanon meetings. It took me years to figure out why I was drawn to such a destructive relationship with my qualifier. I discovered that he really wasn't my problem nor his addiction. The problems were within myself. I didn't want to see that but did with time.

If you read around here, you will find people that got out of one relationship with an addict just to find another. Doing the work on ourselves is the best way to protect ourselves from doing the same thing again. Of course none of us is completely immune.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Life is good

Btw - have fun with the Marie Kondo book! The tie-in with mind-body-spirit-life is great.

Two things that keep coming back to me is trusting my instincts and awareness of joy.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Congrats again Glenjo for ending this tough situation.

I do hope you will check in and also keep going to alanon meetings. It took me years to figure out why I was drawn to such a destructive relationship with my qualifier. I discovered that he really wasn't my problem nor his addiction. The problems were within myself. I didn't want to see that but did with time.

If you read around here, you will find people that got out of one relationship with an addict just to find another. Doing the work on ourselves is the best way to protect ourselves from doing the same thing again. Of course none of us is completely immune.
Absolutely. The work has only begun internally.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Btw - have fun with the Marie Kondo book! The tie-in with mind-body-spirit-life is great.

Two things that keep coming back to me is trusting my instincts and awareness of joy.
Looking forward to reading it!
Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Looking forward to reading it!
Good to hear Glenjo. I hope I didn't sound patronizing.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Good to hear Glenjo. I hope I didn't sound patronizing.
Not one bit.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is good

How are you doing today?