accepting guilt?

Old 11-16-2004, 07:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

accepting guilt?

hi,

i am accepting guilt for decisions that were not mine, for an disease i didnt cause, a history i didnt create, and a illness i cannot cure. anyone got something positive to cheer up a weary soul? my heart just aches tonight.

thanks,
quietsins
Old 11-16-2004, 07:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Caring for the 3 little bears

well, i hope it is some comfort to know that someone else has had similar feelings. Maybe try to find a new word to replace "accepting guilt". Maybe you are "experiencing" guilt, but you don't have to accept it!

Can you wiggle a little bit, now a little faster, okay now shake shake shake... shake that guilt away! LOL, i just read the "how you know your a codie" thread so am a little spunky tonight.

Hope this spunkiness put at least a little smile on your face!

I will pray you will have a guilt free day tomorrow!
Old 11-16-2004, 09:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SJW

Tomorrow is a fresh start. No matter what has happened in the past, we can choose to learn from it and move on. We don't have to stay mired in the junk. Every day I can choose to be thankful for the good things that are in my life. Every day I can strive to do something positive. Every day I can make healthy choices in my life.

Every day I am above ground is a blessing from God! Try really hard to focus on the positive things instead of the negative. I know the negative things seem bigger some days, but try to look past them at the good stuff.

SJW
Old 11-16-2004, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

whenever I feel guilty I stop and remember that I am free of guilt when I ask for forgiveness, and then I think of 1 or 2 things that I am grateful for today, and I reflect on where I am today compared to where I was when I first started working on my recovery.

Play on some tunes and sing along--music always makes a person feel better!

((hugs))
Old 11-17-2004, 06:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Letting it pull me down does nothing but add to the problem. My feeling guilty, depressed, and upset does nothing to make the original problem any better. When I get in that space, I often feel guilty that I can't fix things for someone else. I have to realize that it is ok for me to be ok when someone else isn't. It isn't necessary for me to feel bad because someone else feels bad. In fact, by allowing myself to get sucked into someone else's pain, there are then two people who need rescuing. Today, it is ok for me to rescue myself. Since I am the only one I can rescue, I can at least fix that part. Learning detachment has given me the ability to allow someone to have pain without it overwhelming me. Hugs, Magic
Old 11-17-2004, 07:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SJW

What a great line - it's ok for me to be ok even when someone else isn't!

SJW