Any Advice? Alcoholic Wife. I'm Fed Up.

Old 01-15-2019, 10:00 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

And, yes, she can drive herself to the appointments.
Old 01-16-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hey Rev 3:16 - Mine is turning 60, married for 35 tears and now wants to do what she wants, with who, where, and how. She drinks in upscale restaurant bars and hotel bars and lies to me about where she is. She dresses to attract attention.
She says she like to eat alone listening to music and watching videos on her phone... yea right. Maybe yes until someone approaches her with a compliments (is that insecurity on my part? She had three way too close male relationships over the years so we have a no opposite friends agreement in place which she now has trashed.) She gets trashed and the monster is let out of the dungeon.

I am getting very tired of it and thinking divorce if this doesnt stop.
Kids are out of the house so the decision is easier but I dont want to do it. I love her and most of the time she is great... I just cant handle the lying, and drinking.

And I of course I am the problem! :-)
Old 01-26-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Rev3:16 and endofmyrope65,
How are you two doing?
Old 01-26-2019, 11:00 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ustacallmelola View Post
My husband ignores my drinking and I feel like I am reading about myself when you talk about your wife. I wonder how my husband really sees me. He is enabling me and I think he doesn't realize it. I am glad you are not. I hate myself most days for not being able to stop and putting him through this. So I drink some more to numb the pain. It is a vicious and horrible cycle we go through. We know you are suffering too, but our addiction is stronger than you. If she does not want to stop then she won't. You are doing the right thing taking care of yourself. On behalf of all of us drunks, we really are sorry deep down.
or maybe that isn't enabling or rather a boundary.