Thanks for the advice

Old 12-16-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks for the advice

Hi there, just want to say thanks to everyone on SR who has given me advice, even when l wasnt really ready to listen. I am in a much better state of mind now..3 weeks on the meds and a personal resolution not to check, spy, search and monitor has made an enormous difference to my life.
My AH seems much more relaxed too. I am not saying we are out of the woods and am not kidding myself things are going to be hunky dory from here on...but l think this more relaxed approach is the way to go. Who knows what goes on when lm not home...and tbh who cares!!!
Old 12-16-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

(((hugs)))

One day at a time.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm happy for your

Yep. One day at a time. Be kind to yourself
Old 12-17-2018, 06:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you! I know that also made a huge difference in my life when I chose to let go of being the drinking monitor.

Glad to hear things are looking up Awal!
Old 12-17-2018, 10:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Love your attitude Awal ...! And the more relaxed you are, the more clarity you have too so you'll just keep making good things happen for yourself at a pace that feels right. X
Old 12-17-2018, 10:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your experiences, Awal. I've related to both sides of your story. I'm in recovery AND in a relationship with someone who drinks excessively. It's helped me realize I need to stay in my lane and not use his drinking as an excuse to take a "sip" or "slug" or, let's face it, chug a bottle (or 2 or 3) of wine since I know he wouldn't notice the missing alcohol. THANK YOU.
Old 12-17-2018, 10:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zevin View Post
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Awal. I've related to both sides of your story. I'm in recovery AND in a relationship with someone who drinks excessively. It's helped me realize I need to stay in my lane and not use his drinking as an excuse to take a "sip" or "slug" or, let's face it, chug a bottle (or 2 or 3) of wine since I know he wouldn't notice the missing alcohol. THANK YOU.
lm glad that something l have written may have helped you in some way. It sounds like you are doing great and are determined. I have a friend who is a comfort eater and has been battling to lose weight, but at every little crisis she sees it as an excuse to hit the biscuits, cakes, or whatever sugary treat is available with the "Oh well l need cheering up" attitude. Its so easy to slip and blame something for it. I hope you continue to do well Zevin, your mental and physical health will thank you xx
Old 12-31-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Awal, thank you for sharing with us.