CPR class: protect self first

Old 11-14-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

CPR class: protect self first

The instructor at my CPR class last night had great ways to really get this point across. Our life is precious. If we want to keep having sunrises and sunsets, it's necessary to be selfish. To take care of ourselves first.
Old 11-15-2018, 12:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Esther Hicks talks a lot about it too.

When Abraham teaches selfishness, they’re reminding us that our first priority is to tend to our own personal connection with Source energy.

Because without that, we have nothing to give ourselves or anyone else.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm getting lots of God/Great Spirit/Universe signs to stay the course in No Contact with my FOO, to believe in the magic of life, to continue self-care first and foremost and stand up for myself in new ways. To make use of my voice, healthy support, new opportunities and also my roots in community and people who are "family" to me through kindness, love and respect.

One day at a time. Following the good.

#thankyougod
#lifeisgood
#livinginthesolution
Old 11-15-2018, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
The instructor at my CPR class last night had great ways to really get this point across. Our life is precious. If we want to keep having sunrises and sunsets, it's necessary to be selfish. To take care of ourselves first.
l was struggling with putting myself first when you can see a loved one deteriorating but a friend said something that hit a nerve with me...in an airplane emergency we would need to put our own oxygen mask on before we can help anyone else...
Old 11-15-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amen to all of the above.

Growing up in an alcoholic home, I was taught that the needs of the alcoholic were all. He was God.

This is wrong thinking. Grateful to know that today.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Learning to see what really wounds me (emotionally/psychologically) and how deeply came after getting out of abusive situations.

Being safe and healthy is important to me. I have to nuture myself first.

The quickest way to healing is by taking really good care of me, staying connected to my Higher Power and following next Good Obvious Direction.

I have an appointment with my physical therapist tomorrow. Mind-body-spirit connections.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

I have this quote saved from a post somehere at SR:

"The person that an alcoholic/addict becomes when they are using is not the person you fell in love with. You must protect yourself as much as you can financially. You also need to get as much emotional, spiritual, mental health support as you can for you. You can't make another person get sober if they don't want to, but you can take care of you so that you're in a sane space so you can make rational decisions."

I do me. I find out who I am, what my values are, what I enjoy, new ways to live with an open heart and clear boundaries. In doing this, I learn how to give other people the space and respect to do the same.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

An interesting inner child thing came up in my morning meditation. It seems my younger self feels safe where I am, yet there's a subconscious part of me that doesn't trust me to make safe decisions because I've stayed in toxic relationships for so long.

I'm simply honoring awareness, as taught in Tara Brach meditations.

How this is healed is already underway. Cultivating healthy relationships, knowing my boundaries and letting them direct me to more good in my life.

At a domestic violence help center group therapy session I first heard about the "many parts of us" with a new understanding of it. Maybe it was from doing art therapy work along with coming into a place of awareness and acceptance along with others who were there. Emotional and psychological abuse are very damaging. Recovery is well worth whatever it takes to heal from it!