Advice needed

Old 12-11-2018, 07:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Advice needed

Allowing fun and playfulness has been an important part of my recovery and inner child healing. I had an emotionally traumatic experience this time of the year. I'm open to allowing this to be transformed.

Does anyone have tips, advice or ideas for December/holiday-time healing?
Old 12-11-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey Mango, I'd love some December healing too and your question is inspiring me to do something fun and transformational !

How about sourcing a bunch of art magazines or any old magazines you can find, and making a "mood board" surrounded by candles .... cutting out anything that inspires you and sticking it onto a board to illustrate how you want to feel, or things you would love to see unfold.

Found some info > Vision and Mood Boards: A Tool for Dreaming, Clarifying and Getting What You Want ? Erin Blaskie

and here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cdbv1meqes

x
Old 12-11-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, Surfbee. I really like this idea! Each time I've done one, it's been with different paper and inspirations. This is my first time doing a vision board during the holidays.

For a mini-inspiriation, I had Sunday's newspaper on hand. Sorting out a few keepers (just for today) and trashing the rest felt extremely good. A psychological release in this and some of the comics are becoming funnier as I read them with a lighter heart.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm staying optimistic. Three deep breaths. One step at a time, one foot in front of the other.

I'm enjoying God-signs, like last night's snowfall and the sun shining today. Life is good and has ease, gentleness and kind humor. As I voice this, I see it more.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go to a party centered around not drinking. My AA group had a New Years Eve Party, which I looked forward to every year. Tons of food, fireworks at midnight, a meeting with the whole group sitting around on the floor of a member's house. Little sub groups in different parts of the party area doing their own little things the rest of the time. Lots of activity and friendship. And I'm not even a party person.

The first one blew my mind. Imagine; While everyone else was out getting smashed, there I was in a drug and alcohol free party on New Years Eve with people I liked.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I know you already do a lot of my go-tos... like yoga & meditation, coloring mandalas.

Lately I've found myself falling back on appreciation & gratitude - calling or emailing people I care about but have not made time for, to ask about their world & it's events. Thanking people who have gone out of their way for me this last year - I have a small circle but have received so much kindness from them when I needed it most. It matters & I want them to know I feel that way.

If I had more time I'd consider volunteering. If I had more money, I'd wipe out all those gift requests on donation trees all over town & fill every wish - especially for kids & elderly people without family.

It's also an awesome time to purge your home & donate any excess items.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-24-2018, 08:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

It all helps!! Surfbee, DriGuy and FireSprite, thank you.

I've been doing a lot of indoor walking. Yesterday at one of my favorite stores one of the employees said, "I need a break! I'm going to take some laps." It feels really good to be around healthy people with great attitudes!
Old 12-24-2018, 11:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

For me, rule #1 is Keep it simple at this time of year. And get out into nature. Also, enjoy everyone else's light displays.
Old 12-24-2018, 07:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great ideas here! X
Old 12-28-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh gosh. I am late to the game but I know December is not quite over. I clean and put away decorations (the order keeps me feeling calm), watch movies, go to dinner with friends/family, get a new book, basically stay as connected to the good and stable people in my life as I can be. They know my whole story and keep me grounded.

Big hugs!
Old 12-29-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, BellaBlue and hopeful!

Today I'm making use of rhythmic movement and upbeat music after meditation.

----

Music aids neuroplasticity. Music globally activates our entire brain.

A simple technique that can be mastered by anyone within 20 minutes, with no prior meditation experience is “brain wave vibration.”

Here’s how it goes. Turn on instrumental music — drumming or anything with a beat. Move your body to the music. Bounce your knees, shake your shoulders, tap your chest — any movement is OK, just allow yourself to feel your body as you are lulled deeper into the rhythm of your own movement, listen to its needs and move it as it wishes. Key into the sensation of energy in and all around you. When you move your arms, imagine the energy moving with you, as if you were the conductor of a great universal symphony. Move fluidly, creatively, and expressively.
Old 12-29-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Life is good

Christmas items as a vision board.

I bought new and used items for Christmas this year. All my old things were scrapped through purging old out of my life, in many ways. I had great fun finding fabulous sale items that spoke to my heart, and other needed pieces like a great tree stand were found at great bargains in thrift stores.

After meditating again today, I'm inspired to pass these items to Goodwill, be willing to create more open space in my present day and enjoy new experiences again next Christmas, with an open heart.
Old 12-31-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

Happy December 31.

Today I'm meditating, dancing, eating well and playing soccer with puppy.

I'm going to write down and burn:

> goals

> strengths

> favorite activities

> 10 good things about this day

Letting these things be lit on fire in my thoughts, allowing awareness of the importance of them and recognizing the ritual of connecting these things.