Angry shocked disappointed!

Old 12-03-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

The only way your situation is going to work out in your favor is for you to actually take some positive actions and begin dissolving this relationship along with this living arraignment. Does he have his mail delivered to your address? That makes a big difference in many cases. If he has say a P O Box or another address where mail goes then you can just kick him out but if he is actually using your address as his own it’s a whole different story.

I would start by speaking to your landlord about this situation. If they do not know the proper way to get him out then speak to someone in the legal field and find out how you go about starting an eviction process in your state.

Living together as just roommates is a receipt for disaster and will only drag out your misery I would not recommend that at all.

I would also stop trying to talk to him as if he’s a reasonable minded person because he is not. No matter how much you may think you are trying to communicate with a sober person you certainly are not. You are really trying to communicate with an alcohol soaked brain and reason and logic are not part of that equation.
Old 12-03-2018, 11:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Amusic, am I right in thinking you have decided your relationship isn't viable and your problem is getting him out of the house?
If so please take the necessary steps to use the law to move him on.
1. Find out where you can get legal advice you can afford. It might be online, domestic abuse services, legal help clinics.
2. Set up a plan to follow the advice you are given. This might be to send him an eviction letter, or ask for police protection when he collects his things.
3. Stop sleeping in the same bed as him (if that is happening). Of course don't have intimate relations, and don't wash or cook for him.
4. Put together a plan if things get scary, including calling the police.
5. Investigate having a restraining order made. It might not be possible at this stage.
6. Get a support network of family and friends together to help when needed.

You can do this!