need hlp

Old 11-30-2018, 10:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

need hlp

my last long writen problem dissappeared, SO in a nutshell, my 31 year old son is freshly out of jail again,6 days , staying with us parents, another start $, another lease on life an ever hopeful existence with our only basically sweet funny and goodlucking person, he has been in jail many times, nothing violent just dumb stuff, zanexs or being drunk. We gave him one more chance, with a car etc in thr near future, he has been around helping out...I tool him somewhere within 4 hours{even with threats of all bets are off, he will be kickedout of our home, andGOOD LUCK. goodbye, this has been one nightmare after another one for 14 years. we can;t handle it anymore, too much money, Rehaphelp trust, love and hope, WHAT DOES he do? after lengthy threats of no car no money out help with apt...HE within 4 hours is driven to our house out of it. His father went livid and threw him out , now he's screwed, and knew this would happen...
t when he took that first drink, talking we had constantly abot this...GONEnow he is walking down a street with no hope , his fault., and he actually is not a looser. WHAT is the answer any?
4 Rehabs, 5 jail stays,
Old 11-30-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Judeea

you posted in our site technical help forum, so I moved your post here - you'll get a lot more responses that way.

I'm really sorry. I can only imagine how painful it is to have to ask your son to leave after he's let you down again.

It reminds me a lot of my own situation. Eventually., I wised up and stopped drinking, and turned my life around. I really hope that for your son too.

D
Old 11-30-2018, 11:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI judeea and welcome to SR, you'll find lots of information here.

I'm sorry to hear about your Son, it's a terrible thing addiction, as you know. Please remember you didn't Cause it, can't Control it and can't Cure it (the 3 c's).

We have a lot of information here, there is a stickies section at the top, you might want to start here if you are interested:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...c-reading.html (Classic Reading)

Also these articles can be helpful:

Addiction, Lies and Relationships

Have you attended Al-Anon at all? Some face to face support might help you through this and Al-Anon is a great place to learn about how you can cope as a family member of an alcoholic.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

There is always hope.

I've been hearing great recovery stories today. Look for the good and we start seeing more good. Al-anon is a great start to finding good in our own lives. https://www.www.al-anon.org/

When one person in a family changes, everything changes. Life is full of good, healthy experiences. These look totally different to me now. Bigger, brighter and many more possibilities.
Old 12-01-2018, 03:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by judeea View Post
WHAT is the answer any?
Al-Anon