No one wants to share an alcoholic.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No one wants to share an alcoholic.

Finally got mine out of my house after a 3 year relationship. He’s currently stalking me when drunk but he has money and somewhere to live so I can deal with that because the door is locked.
When this happened yesterday after a yet another five day binge it occurred to me just how little support there is from friends and family in dealing with them. Oh they see him drunk, buy him drinks, drop him home but no one thinks who they are washing their hands of him on to.
This past year I have had no one else to help me and my kids deal with him. Well now he’s out and bad tempered, violent and abusive...let’s see how they enjoy his company now.
Old 11-19-2018, 12:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes. My XAH's other enablers were more than happy for me and our kids to be the brunt of his abuse.
Old 11-19-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I feel horribly sorry for any woman who gets involved with my stepson. He is an alcoholic and abuses other drugs including heroin. He was not actually violent until last year, when he was violent with his girlfriend and spent 6 months in jail.

I don't buy my stepson liquor. I haven't spoken to him in almost 3.5 years. He reserves his special phone calls for his sister who gets the brunt of his verbal abuse.

No one is responsible for "handling" my stepson but himself.
No one is responsible for rescuing him.
No one is responsible for providing him a place to live.
No one is responsible for making sure he is fed.

He is a full-grown adult who has the intelligence to swizz people out of money and a place to stay, of making up stories to get people to believe him. If he used that energy and intelligence toward leading a productive life, he could be quite successful.

He's an alcoholic...he has a mental disorder that compels him to drink and use drugs and tells him nothing else matters. Not girlfriends, not family, not jobs, not homes, nothing.

We, his family, encourage him to seek help. At any opportunity we have. We tell him we love him. We have no control over him.
Old 11-19-2018, 04:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Experience, strength and hope

Old 11-19-2018, 04:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh I wanted to pot this as a new topic. Sorry I put it down in the wrong place
Old 11-19-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, mine too!

Originally Posted by LLLisa View Post
Yes. My XAH's other enablers were more than happy for me and our kids to be the brunt of his abuse.