Getting on with normal living

Old 10-26-2018, 11:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Getting on with normal living

One foot in front of the other.

I've filed my taxes from last year. I prayed. I took my time. It's a joint return with my husband. I'm still in no contact with him. I still have more back tax returns to file. I had paid in more than what I owe.

I had most of this ready to go last winter and the timing is simply now instead of back then.

I don't know if my husband is working. Next year I plan on filing separately. I also plan on having more income and more taxes to pay. Being a part of a healthy relationship with my government system, flaws and all, them and me.

Lots of God signs today. Including watching a brief bit of tv, turning it to a channel I never watch and getting a strong reminder about this disease of addiction/alcoholism.

Another God sign was driving down an unexpected road - an inspired turn to take a new route - and being suddenly showered by beautiful leaves. And I kept seeing black and white Jeeps. My interpretation of this is often of balance in life (yin yang) and new adventures.
Old 10-27-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post

I've filed my taxes from last year. I prayed. I took my time. It's a joint return with my husband. I'm still in no contact with him. I still have more back tax returns to file. I had paid in more than what I owe.

I had most of this ready to go last winter and the timing is simply now instead of back then.

I don't know if my husband is working. Next year I plan on filing separately. I also plan on having more income and more taxes to pay. Being a part of a healthy relationship with my government system, flaws and all, them and me.

Lots of God signs today. Including watching a brief bit of tv, turning it to a channel I never watch and getting a strong reminder about this disease of addiction/alcoholism.

Another God sign was driving down an unexpected road - an inspired turn to take a new route - and being suddenly showered by beautiful leaves. And I kept seeing black and white Jeeps. My interpretation of this is often of balance in life (yin yang) and new adventures.
l know what you mean about the God signs, l get them too. The unexplained events that change your path and take you to a better destination. I always think that if l have to take a detour when driving, had l stayed on the original route l would have missed something beautiful or worst case senario l might have had an accident on the original route which the detour avoided. We are definitely guided by a higher force sometimes! 😊
Old 10-27-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm working on completing my tax forms for 2015. These were started and not completed, as alcoholism progressed. My husband was making more money and also drinking a lot more. He kept holding on to the "proof" of more cash flow as good things happening. It wasn't good.

One step at a time. One tax year at a time. Praying. Moving ahead. Looking with a new clarity of what chaos I've been through.

God signs today included several deer, a skunk and a magpie right outside my door.
Old 10-28-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Getting on with normal living. I'm not going to file my 2016 and 2015 tax returns. The refunds for those years require paper filing. I'd rather let the money go instead of breaking no contact or forgery!

One foot in front of the other. This was an easy decision. I'm finding I'm grateful for tough things I've been through and changed approaches. These things keep getting easier.

Now that I'm done:

1. Praying. Thankful. Letting go of the past.

2. Enjoying no contact. It's priceless.

3. Giving myself a foot rub. My favorite kind lately with doTerra oils, borage butter and then cozy, soft socks. Healing oils. Healing touch. Healing whole-body energy connections.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm going to spend a month unplugged. Turning off my phone, wifi, kid's tablet, no movies, no tv. These have been a lifeline I'm extremely grateful for. Now it's simply time to experience life in a new way.

Blessings and healing all around us, ready to tap into. This feels like a new adventure. We move in two days and I'm going to do it the off-line way by unfolding a map. No coincidence, I was inspired to pick up several free maps a few days ago. The more I embrace new actions, the quicker my thoughts and life changes.

Many good wishes and vibes for a beautiful end of autumn!

#thankyougod
#lifeisgood
#livinginthemoment
Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

Accepting with love and humor my Higher Power's guidance towards the many healthy, healing benefits of unplugging from electronics as I'm immediately turned to another direction of embracing electronics.

Some of the health benefits of unplugging can be similar to NASA astronauts bodies becoming stabilized back into the earth's gravity.

No coincidence, unplugging also sounds radical and supported my CPS "flight risk" designation.

My Higher Power has an amazing sense of humor! I'm thankful for eyes to see this and strength to embrace this. I am being brought to and through all my greatest fears in God's timing.

The idea of "greatest good for my family" and "greatest good for me" has been on my heart recently. Deep inside me, I embrace the greatest good for all. This is a difficult realization, yet it also opens up the concept of the great abundance of life.

DS11 has been wanting to spend time with his oldest brother. We live hours away and DS30 has a busy schedule. I knew God/Universe work this part out. I had no idea it would be in such a dramatic way.

One day at a time.

#reflecting #newdirections #lawofattraction
Old 10-31-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Yin yang.

Allowing stability, balance and healing.

My Higher Power really does a huge sense of humor. I could laugh or cry. I've done both today.

My husband had been making the loan payments on the note that we are both on. Less than $10,000 left. My credit score dropped over 100 points this week. He stopped making the payment. It's too late to address this with the bank today.

I also received an email this afternoon from the apartment complex I was living at with my husband last spring. I'm on the lease with him. The email was an invitation to log-in to the online payment system. This was the first time I've received an email like this.

I'm overwhelmed at the moment. I have more cleaning to finish. One foot in front of the other.

Meditation: I allow goodness, health, happiness and joy.
Old 10-31-2018, 04:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Odd about the note but you can sort that out tomorrow.

As for the invitation to log on to the apt payment system, they may just have a new system in place and as you are on the lease they automatically sent it to you.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm not going to file my 2016 and 2015 tax returns.
Hi Mango, I follow your threads and really admire your "God has this" faith. I have that faith, too.

I'm a CPA so this stands out to me. I urge you to reconsider. It's really not an option to not file tax returns if your income is over the threshold. You can file separately. You always have that option. No married person is ever forced to file a joint tax return.

PM me if you'd like and God bless.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Thank you, 53500.

If I file separately for those years it would change the tax balance to one of being in the negative rather than taxes paid that I didn't owe being returned to me.

if we need to file those at some point, I trust things will work out. One day at a time. Praying. Meditating. More will be revealed. Life is good and I'm trusting in where I am.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Going forward, one step at a time.

I'm looking at healthcare coverage and filing for the 2018 tax year. I'm married, living separately. I have very little contact with my husband. It was NC (no contact) and now LC (low contact). We have had two short email exchanges this past month. We're on an apartment lease together, where he is living. (I left when he relapsed and it was no longer safe for DS and I to be there.) He has been paying for the lease. There was an update to the lease agreement that was handled via the apartment complex office personnel, with no contact required between my husband and I. I really like how these things have worked out.

I had intentions to file my 2018 taxes as "married filing separately". Now I'm starting to learn about other options. I'm having fun adulting & taking care of these kind of responsibilities. Does anyone have personal experience with these different filing statuses?

If you're married and you plan to file your federal income tax return as head of household for the year you want coverage, you can select "Single" when asked if you're single or married. You won't be asked if you plan to file a joint tax return, and you'll be eligible for a premium tax credit and other savings if you qualify based on your income and other factors. See IRS rules for filing as head of household. If you’re married and a victim of domestic abuse or spousal abandonment, you can select “No” when asked if you’re married. See these instructions for more information .
Old 11-30-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Mango, unfortunately I can't speak to the insurance questions but I can address filing statuses.

There are very specific requirements to using "Head of Household" filing status and the IRS is strict about it, as the substantial tax benefits make that status subject to abuse. If you go that route be sure you qualify and can prove it and get your 2018 return filed as soon as possible.

Problems come up when two separated spouses both claim "head of household" using the same child to qualify. This gets caught, every time, and will result in notices from the IRS asking you to prove you qualify.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Life is good

More to pray and meditate about. More will be revealed.

I consider myself married. I am considered single by the IRS. Alcoholism in a family is a conundrum. When my husband has recovery is very different from when he's in active alcoholism. We've been married for more than 30 years. Many of those were very good, and the time with him while he was in recovery this past year was, too.

It's now more than 6 months that we've lived apart. I really do take dandylion's suggestion of a year apart to heart, after the alcoholic has entered recovery. God/Great Spirit led me back to living with my husband sooner than that last winter for many reasons. I'm stronger this time in leaving. More sure of myself, my intents and trusting in the healing process for myself and our family.

#lifeisgood
#livinginthesolution
#thankyougod

According to the IRS, you are considered unmarried if you are single, legally separated by divorce or have lived apart from your spouse for six months or more in the calendar year.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is good

I've had this happen again. Last time it was about the active disease of alcoholism. Today I turned to a random channel I haven't watched in ages and heard about an amazing, big comeback story.

Whether my husband finds that or not is irrelevant in this moment. His path is his path. My path is mine. Like trails in the woods that entertwine, I enjoy being on the same path when we're meant to. I also like adventuring on my own path. Neither is wrong. Simply listening and looking for direction, day by day. Moment by moment. I greatly enjoy the many times I hear, see and experience recovery, faith and great things happening.

This life is very full and connected in wonderful ways.