Who Came Up With Calling It Quacking?

Old 11-14-2004, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Who Came Up With Calling It Quacking?

Quack, quack, quack. I looked the meaning of the word quack up in the dictionary and it said "the harsh, throaty cry of a duck or any similar sound". I did this because my AH has started quacking at me again. Ah, yes, the head games and nasty sarcasm and the poor me attitude ("being cool hurts to much" blah, blah, blah) have begun again. He hasn't been like this for months, but has started again (he has been going to AA, but only has learned that he isn't as bad as "those poor people" supposedly). It will probably get worse again after his DUI case is heard and his punishment is done.

You know, he really had me going for a few seconds (questioning myself and what was it that I was doing wrong) until I remembered what I am learning in al-anon and counseling, AND what it said on this website about "quacking". You know, I kind of started laughing inside because I really started to picture him as a big, crazy duck wearing a motorcycle jacket and "terminator" glasses. Thanks to whoever came up with the thought of calling it quacking, it kind of makes things a little easier. It isn't really funny, but it kind of lightens the load a bit (if you know what I mean).
Old 11-14-2004, 04:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Blondie

It all started long ago, when we were smaller and had time to think things up like this, LOL.

This should explain...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...read-6764.html

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/show...light=quacking
Old 11-15-2004, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

http://soberrecovery.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2288

The beginning.
Old 11-15-2004, 10:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

have just checked out the quacking threads and that was quite a lengthy string of good times had by all. we need to start a new thread with some humor in it to get us kick started.

ann - the best pic on the whole darn thing was the duck with the lampshade on it's head. i have never laughed so much (but quietly at my desk) in a longgggg time.
Old 11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Gracey

I want the lamp for a gift......that was great: