On topic---sort of....

Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

On topic---sort of....

Today, there was a lot of discussion about alcoholics hiding their liquor……
Well,,,I discovered, to my amazement, that there is a plethora of websites about where to hide liquor and other "stuff".....
Some of it was amazing and rather creative....

Who knew?
Old 10-10-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well there's a half hour of your life you'll never get back.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Well,,,I discovered, to my amazement, that there is a plethora of websites about where to hide liquor and other "stuff".....

Who knew?
Not me!
Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wasn't really with my ex long enough to get too obsessive about finding where he was hiding booze (certainly realized that he was secretly drinking), but it's honestly kind of amazing how smart and stupid the hiding can be. Sometimes it would seem that my ex would all of sudden be slurring and I had absolutely no idea when and where he had been drinking. On the other hand, one time I literally saw him wrap a 20 oz beer can in his towel on the way to the shower. I confronted him about it, he lied, I said "ok, well then open up the towel" and sure enough there it was. He looked at it like he was so confused as to how it had got there...
Old 10-11-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember reading a post about a "wine purse" over in the alcoholics' section of the forum and being astounded that such a thing existed. I guess it stands to reason that there are web sites about how to hide booze, too...

What a world we live in, indeed!
Old 10-13-2018, 07:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life is good

I like how my brain now goes to turning this around to my recovery!

I've been stashing bits and pieces everywhere along the way and come across them often. Notes to myself. Books, ebooks, phrases, quotes. Songs, signs and even my new 3/4 size guitar that I've written things on the back of it with a sharpie.

For a while it was post-it notes that DS & I wrote positive words & phrases on and posted everwhere!! Especially by our beds and on doorways.

Even more fun is discovering signs my Higher Power has for me. Many in very hidden places, until I start getting really curious and pay attention!
Old 10-14-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Who knew?
Websites that teach people where to hide their stash....😮

I think I've officially heard everything now....
Old 10-14-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Who knew?
Anywhere is a potential hiding place. The day they try to shove a bottle up their ass they have a real problem lol 🤣
Old 10-14-2018, 06:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Kind of a twist on the AlAnon philosophy about "supporting" the alcoholic. A website where alcoholics support each other!!!
Birds of a feather, after all.....
Old 10-14-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

before websites, rehab was where alcoholics learned to hide their drinking/liquor. i still believe in rehab for alcoholics, but along with learning how to stay sober they will also learn how to "hide" in new and interesting ways.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cyranoak View Post
before websites, rehab was where alcoholics learned to hide their drinking/liquor. i still believe in rehab for alcoholics, but along with learning how to stay sober they will also learn how to "hide" in new and interesting ways.
I have heard it said that in their first go-round at rehab, alcoholics will react in one of three ways to being in close quarters with fellow alcoholics:

1) "Holy crap, I don't want to turn into one of THOSE people. I better get my act together".
2) "Hey, I'm not that bad compared to so and so, they burned their house down/sold a kidney/lived in a sewer because of their drinking, and I haven't done that [yet], so I don't really have a problem".
3)"What can I learn from other alcoholics that will help me stay away from alcohol?"
Old 10-14-2018, 11:18 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

When I drank with my AH, I would put my liquor in the washing machine so (a) he wouldn't drink it all and (b) my daughter wouldn't see it. I knew there was no way either one of them was going to take it upon themselves to do laundry!
Old 10-15-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
Anywhere is a potential hiding place. The day they try to shove a bottle up their ass they have a real problem lol 🤣
My AH and I work in prisons so this idea is not completely foreign to us. We've seen and heard it all. (He would never do that anyways)
Old 10-15-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I remember being so surprised. I had been divorced for a while and decided to do some landscaping. Then I realized that my XAH actually would bury his bottles in the back yard! They also fell out of the rafters in the garage and about scared me to death. We have been divorced for quite some time, I am sure there are still some hidden in my house.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

In my experience, landscaping is a common way to find it....lol....
Hiding outside, in flower beds...under fallen leaves, in barbeque pits, stuck in bushes and hollow trees, and in the downspouts and gutters, behind fences and, in lawn equipment....and trash cans.....
Old 10-15-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I agree Dandy. I think what surprised me was that he actually had taken shovel and buried them pretty deep LOL! I was digging out bottles and tree roots at the same time!!!
Old 10-15-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
My AH and I work in prisons so this idea is not completely foreign to us. We've seen and heard it all. (He would never do that anyways)
I felt like shoving the bottle where the sun don't shine tonight. But least l know where lm batting from now.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

In my experience, landscaping is a common way to find it....lol....
Hiding outside, in flower beds...under fallen leaves, in barbeque pits, stuck in bushes and hollow trees, and in the downspouts and gutters, behind fences and, in lawn equipment....and trash cans.....
In AHs case tonight..under the bbq tarpaulin cover before relocation to the conservatory under the sofa (sofa is on legs)
Old 10-15-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post

Well there's a half hour of your life you'll never get back.
Omg😂

Bimini. So funny!!

Just to make myself clear I am not laughing at anyone. Mostly I’m laughing at myself, as I see myself sometimes enmeshed in reading things and all the sudden two hours of the time Have gone by😂

And of course, I never did that..... really.

Warmly,
Old 10-15-2018, 10:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
In AHs case tonight..under the bbq tarpaulin cover before relocation to the conservatory under the sofa (sofa is on legs)
omg, this seems like a lot of effort for a drink doesn't it? I have never known anyone that hid alcohol, if they wanted to drink they did (alcoholic, non-alcoholic).

Imagine wanting a drink and going through all this subterfuge and then, in some cases, getting up later and digging a 5 foot hole to hide it in lol

This is not normal!!