October weekend plans

Old 10-05-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

October weekend plans

With the change in seasons, my plans have been including autumn rituals of enjoying the colors and scenery. Especially flavors like maple, or honey with cinnamon & nutmeg or hearty, homey soups & stews.

What are your weekend plans?

I'm planning on having my car worked on, again, tomorrow. There are enough new parts in it that we're probably on the homestretch of it's final current issues.

The service center that put my new tires on in August had a water feature nearby where I really enjoyed getting my feet wet and watching the water splash on the rocks.

The place I'm going to tomorrow has amazing views of fall foliage. Ironic how long it took me to start noticing the beautiful views they have. I've been going there for many years, I simply have a different focus now.

I'm planning on getting some tiny apples, caramels, sticks and maybe some white chocolate for making caramel apples.

Planning on enjoying the journey.

I'm also planning on buying a sewing machine and some fabric. No idea what I'm going to make. Somehow fall & soft fabrics seem like a great equation for fun. I love making no-sew polar fleece blankets, too.

Mostly, I plan to listen to and sing with uplifting, upbeat music. This has really helped this past week in having more consistent inner happiness.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

^ “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”

- Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Old 10-05-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today I'm planning on taking my boys to a pumpkin patch with a corn maze. I love the Fall season.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Caramel, thank you!!

mamabear, how was the outing?

I had a beautiful long car ride with music and singing. Car is fixed. Fall colors have been amazing.

Apples, caramels & white chocolate, check! Making caramel apples today. We have some wood skewers that'll make great handles. Planning on cutting some twigs for handles, too.

I found my sewing machine online. I'm cutting some fabric scraps today to use for practice.

Writing down the good things really help me to keep moving forward with positive momentum.
Life keeps getting better and better.

#thankyougod #lifeisgood #livinginthemoment
Old 10-07-2018, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I really enjoy your perspective on life, Mango. I look forward to reading your posts as they have resonated strongly with me.

I am on this forum as the recovering alcoholic and have a generally pessimistic life view but have started to try to view life “as Mango would”. Thanks to you, I can view laundry folding as a fun time to spend with my kids rather than a dreary old chore.

This weekend, we are planning our annual haunted house event. Typically a horrible time planning each little detail. Not this time - gonna have fun allowing my kids to brainstorm and get creative and cheerlead their ideas.

Thanks for sharing your positivity, Mango.
Old 10-07-2018, 09:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The outing was great. My best friend and her son came with us. The cool crisp air felt great and sunset was beautiful out in the country.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is good

Atlast, thank you. The haunted house sounds like fun!!

mamabear, that sounds wonderful!!

Our caramel apples turned out fabulous, super sweet, sticky, yummy and very colorful with long skewer handles we decorated with red ribbons and orange, red and black markers. It was a great, fun mess that cleaned up quicker than making it.

Kid and I have plans for a corn maze next weekend.

One day at a time. One foot in front of the other. Tons of therapy exercises and processing some deeper trauma today. So glad to keep gaining more skills to deal with this. My twisted sense of humor helped with writing therapy to put some things into a new perspective.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
With the change in seasons, my plans have been including autumn rituals of enjoying the colors and scenery. Especially flavors like maple, or honey with cinnamon & nutmeg or hearty, homey soups & stews.

What are your weekend plans?

I'm planning on having my car worked on, again, tomorrow. There are enough new parts in it that we're probably on the homestretch of it's final current issues.

The service center that put my new tires on in August had a water feature nearby where I really enjoyed getting my feet wet and watching the water splash on the rocks.

The place I'm going to tomorrow has amazing views of fall foliage. Ironic how long it took me to start noticing the beautiful views they have. I've been going there for many years, I simply have a different focus now.

I'm planning on getting some tiny apples, caramels, sticks and maybe some white chocolate for making caramel apples.

Planning on enjoying the journey.

I'm also planning on buying a sewing machine and some fabric. No idea what I'm going to make. Somehow fall & soft fabrics seem like a great equation for fun. I love making no-sew polar fleece blankets, too.

Mostly, I plan to listen to and sing with uplifting, upbeat music. This has really helped this past week in having more consistent inner happiness.
Awesome itinerary of ideas and lifestyle things to do. I’m going to knit those colours
Old 10-19-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Autumn weekend plans:

- Enjoying warm weather and deep cleaning my car.

- Gluten-free corndogs with deli mustard & ketchup.

- Elk steaks.

- Early evening drives with music, singing and sun-lit scenery.

- Cutting soft flannel fabric

- Stacking wood in the fireplace, ready for a colder day!