My AH Has Given Me a Twitch!! (For Real)

Old 10-04-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My AH Has Given Me a Twitch!! (For Real)

I used to joke when people were being difficult that if they didn't stop they were going to give me a twitch.

Holy crap. It's actually happened. For the past 2-3 weeks now, I have developed a dang twitch in my eyes. All the stress from my ex husband and the court proceedings (very toxic stuff - had to get an order of protection on him. My daughter doesn't want to see him anymore) and now my AH's relapse, the affair, the seizure, the near-death hospitalization 2 weeks ago.....I think it's all resulted in a twitch.

I pray this is not permanent. It's not debilitating, but any kind of stress seems to trigger it. It's so irritating!!! I'm twitching right now typing this! LOL

So alcoholism doesn't just effect the family members mentally - - it can have very real, very physical effects as well.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
"O you must wear your rue with difference".

Yep. Can confirm. I have a permanent physical disease/disorder due to the stress. I am now on medication for the foreseeable future. Hope your twitch goes away. They usually do.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a nasty heart arrhythmia brought on by exah which involved a trip to cardiac care. I do think stress shows in physical symptoms.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I developed a twitch in my eye, my dr. Diagnosed it as an occipital migraine. Causes include bright lights, not wearing sunglasses, too much working in front of computer without adequate breaks, oh and STRESS. Surprisingly it doesn’t hurt like a headache/migraine, it’s just something that has to run it’s course, until it stops, it is a weird sensation, that is for certain.

Time to take that extra needed time just for YOU.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

so - if your body is trying to TELL you something.....stop, pause and listen. perhaps it's time to put more "distance" between you - to erect an emotional barricade. let him do him, and you do you.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I got that twitch too!

Being married to an alcoholic has given me a permanent case of PTSD-ish hypervigilance (always in fight-or-flight mode, which has physical consequences), but getting divorced from an alcoholic miraculously fixed some of my earlier ongoing health issues, like migraines every week and IBS symptoms.

Stress is a real thing. The further you get from it, the less physical harm it will do.
Old 10-04-2018, 03:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stress will cause it. Lay-off caffeine for a few days and see if it helps.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Like Sasha, I developed PTSD due to stress with my now RAH. I shake all over, teeth chattering etc. I can understand the stress reaction. When we just can't take anymore, our nervous system needs a way to release the tension. I bet when things calm down again, it will go away. Until then, that must be annoying. 😕
Old 10-05-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Twitches that seem obvious to us are often very hard for others to see. I remember looking in the mirror and could barely see mine myself.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Feeling Great, you are right - I've asked my husband and daughter when it's going on if they can see it and they both said "no". I am thankful for that (but it's still annoying!)
Old 10-05-2018, 05:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

This reminded me of TWO of my friend's twitches that came from nowhere!

One of them had just quit a very high paying job to work for herself...

And the other had just came out of a relationship with a suicidal addict.

They both went away and both are fine now. Pretty crazy!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I get these as well, always from stress. It's miserable but does go away, or at least mine does.

Ugh. Sorry friend.