XABF dead at 53 from liver failure

Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

prayers
Old 10-01-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Many gentle hugs to you, SQ. My EXAH died at the tender age of 47 from complications due to AIDS, a direct result of his lifestyle choices. Although we hadn't been together for years, it affected me profoundly. Please know I will hold you close to my heart.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

update: daughters took it well

I decided to tell my daughters (young adults) and they were amazing - most of all they expressed concern for me and were very supportive and loving.

Younger daughter and I then had a whole conversation about addiction, disordered eating, and mental health issues, and how important it is to get help early and often when struggling. She opened up about some of the things her friends have been going through recently. Older daughter surprised me by offering to take a road trip with me to visit ex's favorite surf spot, to surf in his memory and have our own celebration of his life.

I went back and read all my threads, and all the incredible, compassionate, and sometimes brutally honest advice offered here. It was that, and face to face therapy, and Al Anon meetings, and educating myself about alcoholism and addiction, that helped me break free. If you're not sure if you can do it, trust me: You can.

Old 11-08-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

same happened to me and my XAH good people-bad disease