Picking on myself......

Old 09-18-2018, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Picking on myself......

"It is time to stop this nonsense of running around picking on ourselves.

We may have walked through much of our life apologizing for ourselves either directly or indirectly—feeling less valuable than others, believing that they know better than we do, and believing that somehow others are meant to be here and we are not.

We have a right to be here.
We have a right to be ourselves.
We are here. There is a purpose, a reason, and an intention for our life. We do not have to apologize for being here or being who we are.
We are good enough, and deserving."

Woke up today feeling that for more than a week now, probably last 10 days or so, I've been picking on myself. How mean is that. Couldn't put my finger on it, but went out for a walk and listened to audio of codependent no more by melody beattie. Randomly picked that part. I do it all the time! Pick on myself. Awful thing to do to myself.

Went to yoga tonight, first time. I felt good enough to be there, didn't compare myself to the others. Why shouldn't I be there.

Hope I can recognise the next time I start doing it again. Picking on myself.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Hope I can recognise the next time I start doing it again. Picking on myself.
This is such an important thing, perhaps the most important when talking about self-worth, self-esteem which, as you know, affects so much.

Yes, please stop doing it. It's a terrible thing to do and you know, it's not that hard to break once you realize what you are doing. There is nothing wrong with you! You are who you are and that's great!

Now, we all want to do better, we all mis-handle things from time to time, yes, that's being human, but that doesn't mean you need to beat yourself up about it.

Be kind to yourself!